cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Meta Accounts: A New Login for VR

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Coming in August 2022, we’ll begin rolling out Meta accounts, a new way for people to log into their VR headsets that doesn’t require a Facebook account. 

Your Meta account is not a social media profile; it lets you log into your VR devices and view and manage your purchased apps in one place. You can also add your Meta account to the same Accounts Center as your Facebook or Instagram account to unlock connected experiences across Meta technologies — like finding your Facebook friends to play games with in VR or chatting with friends on Messenger. 

To learn more, check out our blog post.

Meta_Info_Final_EN.gif

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
67 REPLIES 67

boogles
Level 3

Posting this from my new Meta account. 😎 All I had to do was update the Oculus iOS app to the latest version and use my existing Oculus account to login. Thank you for the updates @Ryanality !

Same! And Just scheduled my Facebook account for deletion!

Buetigame
Level 5

I'm in... 7:30 local time.

Coming from my Oculus-Account the change was smooth and hassle free.

So it was worth to wait! 

Would have been better if it didn’t happen in the first place…

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

@Ryanality  Maybe best to close this thread and direct people to your latest updated thread.  I don't think that this thread is useful anymore;

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Announcements-and-Releases/Meta-accounts-are-here/td-p/980164

Thanks, cheers.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

And do it quickly before someone inadvertently posts something @TomCgcmfc doesn't like 😁

Jokes aside it does seem to be ok. Migrating to the new account was quite painless and, on the face of it, there doesn't seem to be any privacy issues.

I think we should lock @GuernseyMan post. It feels too reasonable… could upset someone.

Trust me mate, I got pretty thick skin, lol!

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro