cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of August 8th, 2022.

Meta Accounts

We’ll begin rolling out a new Meta account structure in August 2022 that gives people more flexibility and control in VR. You’ll no longer be required to log into your Meta VR devices with a Facebook account. This also means:

• We’re also evolving your Oculus profile to a new Meta Horizon profile, which you can customize as you see fit.
  • Your “Friends” will now become “Followers,” similar to Instagram’s existing model.
  • You’ll have the option to add your Facebook and/or Instagram account to the same Accounts Center as your Meta account, which unlocks connected experiences in VR.
  • We’re rolling out new controls to help you more easily manage your privacy settings.

Meta Quest Guide

We are rolling out the Meta Quest Guide. Now users can:

• Watch device and feature tutorials
  • Check out what's new in our latest Meta Quest software release notes
  • Find answers to top questions and get troubleshooting tips to fix problems

Note, this will be rolling out to users gradually over time.

63 Comments
lensmandave
Superstar

That's great.

Where are all the features that were listed in the Quest build v42 release notes?

Linking Move to IOS device?

Display contrast?

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Features will sometimes roll out gradually, and separately from the update itself, so it's possible that they just haven't been enabled for your system yet. I'll check in and see if I can get any details on if those features should be out for everyone yet or if they're still on the rollout.

PiroKun
Protege

And for new users? How can these new accounts be created?

Kim_Jong_Un
Protege

When will advanced recording features come out? With V43 or beyond? Thanks 🙂

Buetigame
Expert Protege

My Q2 was updated last Friday... 

Desktop-App is still at v42.

Precise:

- Version: 43.0.0.167.120.387708431
- Runtime: 43.0.0.167.120.387708528
- OS Vers: user-37314400736000000

Oculus-App-Version: 42.0.0.136.285

Everything works like it shoud...

Today there was another Update for the Quest - Desktop App still at v42:

- Version: 43.0.0.178.120.389405224
- Runtime: 43.0.0.178.120.389406401
- OS Vers: user-37314400808900000

Oculus-App-Version: 42.0.0.136.285

Hopefully things keep fine 😉

JorgTheElder
Protege

I got v43 overnight last night. Do we have any idea what the Meta account creation process is going to look like? Will it be done on the headset? Phone app? Web?

Buetigame
Expert Protege

The phone app was used to setup the device, so most likely it would be the way to go.

But you should ask this in the corresponding thread.

andythw
Protege

Oops, wrong place sorry.

andythw
Protege

My Quest 2 is at 43.0.0.178.120 and does not seem to charge as fast as in 42 and never reaches 100%. The highest I have seen is 83% starting at 53% and after hours of charging. What is wrong?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. That is not an experience we want to hear from our customers. We'd love to help.

First, let's submit a bug report with the steps listed HERE.

Next, we can try to charge the device from a different outlet for two hours and a different charger for two hours. 

If none of these work, we suggest that you reach out to Support HERE to get some one-on-one attention.

andythw
Protege

Report sent with firmware version numbers. I am charging a USB battery pack from the same Anker usb charger and that is fine. It seems the Quest 2 is slow charging and not reaching 100%.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and filling out that bug report to help our engineers and community at large. 

Can we try to charge the device from a different outlet for two hours?

The folks at Meta Store Support can be reached through email or chat at this link, and they'll be more than happy to take a closer look at everything with you.

LonArt
Explorer

How do we unlink our Facebook account from our Quest 2?  

I'm wanting to delete my Facebook account and don't want to lose all of my games. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. We understand not wanting your account linked to Facebook. Let's see how we may help you.

Unlinking your account will not remove your games at this time but some social features will not be functional. We do not currently have an eta on when the Meta accounts will roll out. We ask that you please stay tuned to our public blog and be patient as we do not want to have our customers lose any of the awesome features that we have for our headsets.

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

Strange, five days ago Oculus on Windows updated to v43. Yesterday it downgraded to v42. Now it updated to v43 again.

Buetigame
Expert Protege

Look at the v43 PTC Thread...

There are problems with the desktop app for some, so it's rolled back for now.

Also it would be helpful, if you post the exakt version - mine is 42.0.0.136.285.

andythw
Protege

I am plugged in to a different socket and the charge of the headset is 77% now.. I will check later.

Shamack
Explorer

hello, 

whatever happened to "app sorting and filtering " on build v41!?!?! 

Has anyone ANYWHERE got access to this rollout yet?? 

ShocksVR
Superstar

Unfortunately the 'App Filtering' is a rolling out feature; it only started rolling out starting with v41 (or whatever the update # was).  I too don't have the App Filtering, but we'll both get it soon enough. 

andythw
Protege

After about 5 to 10 minutes the charge was up to 82%, so I thought oh good it's been fixed I must check my firmware version. Though after another 5 minutes the charge 83%. Then I left to go shopping and after a further 2 hours the charge was 84% and the charge LED was green. The firmware version is the same.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@andythw wrote:

After about 5 to 10 minutes the charge was up to 82%, so I thought oh good it's been fixed I must check my firmware version. Though after another 5 minutes the charge 83%. Then I left to go shopping and after a further 2 hours the charge was 84% and the charge LED was green. The firmware version is the same.

Maybe contact Oculus Support mate.  Updating your charging problems is not adding much value to this particular thread imho.

andythw
Protege

I was asked for an update by Ryan but I see what you are saying. I will wait a few days then raise a support ticket if I still have the same issue.

Buetigame
Expert Protege

You'll find "app sorting and filtering" under Settings > Personalization > App Library.

Got this since v41...

Buetigame
Expert Protege

You've done a factory reset... right?

After that, do a complete discharge to full charge.

If not - do it!

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

So, I find myself stuck with the crappy PTC V43.125 after resetting the headset, forgetting it doesn't roll you back and losing my spot on PTC, and now V43 is in full release and I fear I will receive no updates until v44, aproximately 5 weeks away if timelines hold.

I cannot for the life of me understand why the headset is unable to roll back to a STABLE build.

NizZ8
Protege

Yep, in the same situation...  not being able to roll in/out of PTC on the quest headset for situations like this is infuriating.

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

No App Library in Personalization.

And I don't see any report of display contrast adjustment despite the fact that it has been a month since the release of v42.

BTW, I don't understand why meta doesn't allow us to upload screenshot. directly to Twitter, GoogleDrive & etc. Using smartphones is inefficient and wasteful for that.

vax4
Explorer

Bonjour ,

installation vers la v43 effectuée 👍 . Je constate un casque plus réactif , c'était déjà trés bon 😉 . Je rejoins certains sur le temps de charge mais je referrais d'autre essais 🤔 . Rien pour l'instant de mon coté , pour la mise en place de mon futur compte Méta . Je vu les guides sur les comptes , c'est clair 👌.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

OK, I just got the non-beta v43 (43.0.0.178.120.389405224) on my Q2/rtx3090.  All seems to work fine.  I did need to pair again for Air Link but it seems to be working fine.  I cannot honestly tell any differences so far compared to v42.  None of the new features (some promised back in v41) have bee rolled out to me yet.

My Oculus Desktop pc app is still on non-beta v42 (42.0.0.136.285) and after a couple of restarts is still seems happy to remain there and not auto update to v43.  No cpu-bug and same 7% cpu usage when just in the rift void home viewing the virtual desktop.  I'm tempted to try opting into the desktop pc app public test channel beta (v43) to see what happens but I'm not that crazy, lol!

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Live a little and throw caution in to the wind.  You have a 3090 let it burn.

CutieMiku
Explorer

This last update v43 has serious performance issues...

Oculus bug CPU.PNG

Just have the oculus running without doing anything is consuming above 50% CPU usage.

In the previous version (v42) everything was excellent, but with the new v43 something is wrong...

Please, I ask you to make a report to the development team and make a revision in the changes and problems that this latest update released.

Buetigame
Expert Protege

Under "experimental" there is a "Color-Space" (warm, cold, standard) ... this doesn't mean contrast, right?

So there is no contrast option on my device too.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

I just shared this in the PTC thread, but for everyone here, there's a fix for the high CPU usage issue which some people are experiencing that's being tested right now. It's going to roll out gradually so that the team can monitor its performance. Keep an eye out for the PC build 43.0.0.188.173 which has the potential fix. If you don't have it yet, just wait a few more days and check again (I don't have the exact timeline for 100% deploy since it'll depend on how performance goes, but it shouldn't be too long). 

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Yes, it's different.

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

Windows Oculus updated to v43 four days ago and again two hours ago. Headset updated to v43 yesterday.

Air Link has become unstable.

After the headset has been idle/standby/sleeping for a prolonged period on waking up and after the WiFi has reconnected the Quest Link status shows "not connected". Turning WiFi on and off or toggling between cable connection and Air Link does not re-establish the connection. Re-booting the headset in v42 would re-establish the connection but this is no longer the case in v43. The Oculus software has to either be restarted (Beta settings), the Oculus Service stopped and started or Windows re-booted to re-establish the connection.

Even if the connection is re-establish open Air Link in the headset often results in getting the three startup dots and dropping back into the home environment. After a few moments the connection will re-establish but opening Air Link once again gives the three dots and drops back to the home environment. After this you sometimes get a message that the connection was lost or not. In either case the connection will not re-establish until you either reboot Windows or restart the Oculus Service. Maybe one out of three times I'll be able to connect and startup Link.

Fortunately I have Virtual Desktop and Immersed installed so that I can restart the Oculus Service remotely. Neither of these suffer connection problems.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Ryanality wrote:

I just shared this in the PTC thread, but for everyone here, there's a fix for the high CPU usage issue which some people are experiencing that's being tested right now. It's going to roll out gradually so that the team can monitor its performance. Keep an eye out for the PC build 43.0.0.188.173 which has the potential fix. If you don't have it yet, just wait a few more days and check again (I don't have the exact timeline for 100% deploy since it'll depend on how performance goes, but it shouldn't be too long). 

Honestly I don't see what's the need for all this rollout stuff?  Just put whatever is the latest on the Public Beta and leave it there and update it until most bugs are squashed.  Then maybe leave it on Beta for another month before releasing it as final. 

It would be nice if the same could happen with Quest updates and public beta program.  However, I guess if firmware updates were required then this may be a little tricky to do.  For example, you can rollback your PC motherboard bios firmware but there is always a risk that you'll brick it.

In any case, I think that Meta needs to review its Beta programs because right now quite a few of us feel like Volvo Crash Dummies, lol!

Mantaray72
Honored Guest

Got the v43 and I don't see anything new.

Where or when is going to be possible to create a Meta Account and Horizon user?

DnaAngel
Honored Guest

My Q2 charges and works just fine with v43 as it did with v42. Sounds like an issue on your end. You also mentioned charging the device with an Anker (assuming) quick charger. Anker's chargers are known to kill devices. I know I've lost a few to them, as did a good bit of people I know. It's Chinese junk. Also, if it is a quick charger, you never want to use one to charge any device that doesn't support fast charging (pretty sure Q2's don't), regardless how 'smart' the charger is or what the marketing for it claims.  

DnaAngel
Honored Guest

Charging happens on a hardware level, not software. The only time software 'might' have any influence or interference with a device's charging cycle, is when it is powered on and charging. Power the Q2 down completely then test its charging speed and capacity. If it charges fine completely powered off, then there might be some validity to your post, but I'm betting it won't matter and what you have is an internal hardware issue. I would also assume as I replied earlier that it was brought on from the Anker charger and it is either A) pure coincidence that it decided to finally manifest itself around the same time as the update or B) you're just now actually noticing it, cause you are paying more attention.  

PainTitan
Explorer

Well we're wondering what is going on with feature roll outs. 

App sorting, recording options, what can you tell us about 100% deployment? 

ClickB00M
Protege

I have it in the UK.

Agbe
Honored Guest

To use a new Q2 you have to sync it with the Oculus app. The Oculus app is still requiring a Facebook login. When will that be disabled? Unable to use my Q2 until that is resolved. 

Siliconmana
Honored Guest

What is the ETA on unlinking accounts. It's August 23 and still no actual date set.
'Note, this will be rolling out to users gradually over time.'
This is not transparent.
My experience since purchasing Quest2 is nothing is transparent.
There should be a disclaimer to warn people that the devices are not fully functional outside the US.

I raised a support ticket about this and two other non funtional issues and despite two or three emails no reply has been received for the three issues raised.
All in all, my Meta experience has been extremely disappointing given these issues.

Siliconmana
Honored Guest

Not good enough Meta...

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

OK my Oculus Desktop pc app updated earlier today from non-beta v42.0.0.136.285 to non-beta v43.0.0.192.173.  My Quest native remained on non-beta v43.0.0.178.120.

So far all seems to work fine with my Q2/rtx3090 using Air Link.  The CPU% usage seems normal (7%) when viewing the virtual desktop app/win10 task manager.  I cannot see any improvements and I still seem to need to use 80mbps Dynamic bitrate for the smoothest/stutter-free results. 

I used to be able to use 200mbps Dynamic bitrate back in v40 and found I needed to drop it to 150mbps with v41, then 80mbps with v42.  Still looks ok at 80mbps and the only issue I have is that distant objects are a bit blurry and/or take longer to pop into focus.  Everything still looks/plays well and seems very smooth and stable.

I still have not seen many addon features, even ones going back to v41/v42 like contrast correction and app library sorting.  Also, no Meta Guide or Meta account options yet.  I guess these will be rolled out sometime in the near future.  Cheers.

Agbe
Honored Guest

To set up to the quest 2 we have to use the oculus app. The oculus app is still requiring a Facebook login. Can this please be removed? Anyone that recently got the headset in effect cant use it unless they link their headset to their FB logins. 

Mr_Sukebe
Protege
RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Just got the v43, and my Rift CV1 is no longer detected, totally dead. The 3 sensors are detected. Setting up the hmd, it keeps trying to detect the hdmi and usb3, but cannot. Worked fine just before v43 installed. 

During 5 years, not once had this issue before. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I changed the USB3 port for the CV1 hmd, and now it works again - quite weird. My CV1 is connected using a USB-C hub with on/off switches, and I just moved the CV1 USB3 to another port on the hub - so it's not like the port on the mainboard doesn't register the CV1.