cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 15, 2022.

Advanced Creator Settings

We want to empower creators to capture and deliver high quality experiences to help connect and grow engagement from their audiences. As such, we’ve added Advanced Camera Settings that can be enabled from your Experimental Settings panel in VR. Once enabled, you’ll have access to these additional camera settings:

• Image Stabilization: Choose how much to reduce the appearance of headset movement in your videos.
    • Increasing image stabilization decreases the field of view.
  • Aspect Ratio: Choose your default format and resolution for photos and videos.
    • We heard your requests, and are happy to add that 1920x1080 or "Landscape" is now possible.
  • Frame Rate: Choose your default frame rate for videos.
    • Higher frame rates can negatively impact app performance.
  • Video Compression Quality: Choose a default bit rate for videos.
    • Higher bit rates improve video quality but also increase file size.

Parental Supervision

We continue to add features to our Parental Supervision tools for VR. Two of the newest additions include:

• Block Developer Mode: Parents can now block teens from using their headset in developer mode through Parental Supervision tools.
    • Blocking developer mode will prevent teens from installing apps on their Meta Quest that may not be available on the Meta Quest App store using a connected device or computer.
  • Note, this will be rolling out gradually.

Unlock Pattern for Apps

You can now lock multiple apps with a single PIN entry. With this update, you can also filter and lock apps based on rating categories.

• You can find this feature by selecting Settings > Security Settings > App Lock.
71 Comments
tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Where is app filter of v41? Nobody got it... 😅

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tanubon, I've checked in with the team on app filtering and they've confirmed that feature hasn't fully rolled out to everyone yet. Some features don't get fully turned on until they've been through the ringer of vetting and testing (even after the release they were "included" in).

saint_cow
Protege

My Quest 2 just updated to v44, massive issue with height when guardian is disabled, that being it's fixed waaaay to high and you can reset it, seems fixed in place unless you enable guardian and set a boundary. This wouldn't be such a big issue but I don't even use the guardian as I sit in a fixed rig and use the Quest for Sim racing. Any suggestions? I tried toggling the height setting and whilst it makes a difference it still doesn't correct the height being fixed, just lowers it.

VIVEKKU1998
Honored Guest

AWESOME

BwahhGaming
Honored Guest

My quest 2 is on v44 and there are no recording settings 

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

You need to enable advanced camera setting in experimental.

wingtsubasa
Honored Guest

Updated to latest fw (44.0.0.179.377.401350066), I still have no "Advanced camera settings" option in experimental. How to resolve that?

Snap_Count
Explorer

Like some of the ppl here, got upgraded to v44, but no toggle for recording options in experimental. Even after multiple reboots and "experimental setting" resets.

Had the feature been pulled?

wingtsubasa
Honored Guest

No "Advanced Camera Settings" in "Experimental settings", even after factory reseted. Sad.

Shirt1ess
Explorer

Same. No Camera in System or Experimental settings

Pemalu123
Explorer

hi I wanted to check if there’s any reason why I get intermittent flashes in version 44 which I have just downloaded I am using DX 12 and fairly high resolutions but I wasn’t having any flashes in the previous download? Thanks Pemalu

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

PC and phone app have updated to v44. Still waiting for the headset to update. However, the experimental camera settings appeared several days ago even though the headset says v43.

Bladerah
Expert Protege

I also have no experimental setting to turn on to enable the recording settings. This is very disappointing, and I do not want to reset my quest if at all possible.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I got v44 on my Q2 and PC app today.  All seems to work ok.  I see the system/camera settings if I enable camera options in Experimental.  Not something I use or care about though.  I still do not see any app organisation options yet.  I see that the Oculus logo has now been removed from the power/reset panel. 

Only small bug I've seen so far is that when I startup my Q2 I initially see my home environment with the dashboard menu up high.  It then flashes to the usual confirm guardian panel.  Seems to work fine after that, just a bit annoying.  I have reported this to Meta. 

Edit; now it seems to show red points of objects around my stationary boundary and asks me to move these out of the way, go to room setup, or continue.  Pressing continue seems to advance to my Q2 home ok.  Not sure if there is a way to turn this off.  I've never turned on space sense or ever used room scale guardian.

Otherwise, I don't really see any significant differences in performance compared to v43 (standalone and with Air Link).  I'm always grateful when updates don't brick my Q2, lol!  Thanks Meta.

andythw
Protege

I got v44 about 5 hours ago and it seems charging stopping at 53% to 84% in the last firmware is a thing of the past.

rvkennedy
Explorer

We've recently receive this update and it has apparently broken OpenXR/Vulkan support - swapchains are now invalid. Can anyone tell me how to roll back to the previous version?

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

Well,

Air Link is not hitting FPS again as it was doing in pre-win 11 days.

Headset is on 44, tried Oculus software on reular and PTC.

Graphics card up to date, OS before AND after update to 22H2.

2070 card.

Anybody else seeing this? I

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

Turns out I just can no longer increase the multiplier as before.

Less headroom. Thanks

dan8181
Honored Guest

C'mon guys seriously literally after every update I have to factory reset my headset. I was using the headset yesterday and everything was running ok, I updated to v44 and immediately after that the guardian system got ruined. The dashboard is very high when guardian is off and I always had it turned off. Clearing the guardian doesn't help. It's literally unusable. I have to climb a ledder to be at the same level with the dashboard. If I turn the guardian on the dashboard height is ok but I'm way too close to the floor even though I set the floor distance correctly. Clearing and redoing the guardian doesn't fix it. Neither restarting. So I did a factory reset again because factory resetting became my hobby, which of course didn't fixed it.  If only we'd have an option to never update the headset again.... The headset is amazing but those updates...man...

SupMyDudes11
Honored Guest

Until you create parental controls to actually lock out the App Store, everything else is useless

SupMyDudes11
Honored Guest

Also remote permission from the app. Seems like parental controls have been a joke. My kid can just download a web browser off the App Store and have full internet access

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@SupMyDudes11 wrote:

Also remote permission from the app. Seems like parental controls have been a joke. My kid can just download a web browser off the App Store and have full internet access

Maybe you need some stronger net filtering software like Net Nanny.

https://www.netnanny.com/

mattgrim1
Honored Guest

So I wont get the advanced camera settings with the update but I will get it??

andythw
Protege

I was a bit quick to say the charging issues that I experienced after v43 and continues in v44. The Quest 2 still stops charging before getting to 100%, I have factory reset since getting v44 but the issue still happens, when will it be fixed? 

To get things working again I need to boot into USB mode and simply select reboot. This is a work around but something I should not have to do. 

NorbertNoBacon
Protege

This is a new bug they introduced, I notice it as the headset boots before guardian kicks in, the dash is really high. They don't seem to be able to develop or test anything properly before deployment without making every update a chore. What's the point of having a PTC channel?!

andythw
Protege

I get that too, after a boot before the guardian kicks in the menu is above my head almost out of reach. Then the guardian starts and all is as it was. This issue is nothing compared to my charging issue, which I reported to support as a factory reset did not cure it 

CrimsonSky3000
Protege

Hi Ryan

There is bug when you disable guardian in v44 causing menu dashboard to float above head when restart quest.

Can't drag it down. Can you look into this issue please 

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

Everything is now updated to v44 on phone, PC and headset. Advance camera settings available and working. I don't share my headset but it looks like the unlock pattern and supervision options are there.

I do notice that with Link I had to push up the render resolution setting to 1.5× from 1.3× to get the same level of "smoothness". I also notice there is a distinct distortion on like the 1/8th of the right hand FOV on the right "eye" display only (checked by closing one eye at a time). Neither of these were present prior to v44.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, thanks for the heads up regarding guardian (no pun intended). I'll bring it up to the team.

You should also be able to get out of that state by recentering the play area by holding down the oculus home button until the circle completes on the display.

CrimsonSky3000
Protege

Recentering doesn't work. Still stays above head with guardian disabled.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

You could also try grabbing the bar and pulling it down. If it's still not working for you, the team is looking into it now.

CrimsonSky3000
Protege

Pulling down not working either.

Ok. Can let me know when it's fixed

popsi1091
Honored Guest

everytime i load up home a screen (what the vr sees) pops up and bugs out my pc

empzurg
Explorer

Just encountered and fixed this on my headset, basically just need to toggle the guardian on, do setup, and toggle back off.

- Settings -> System -> Developer -> toggle on Guardian

- follow the guardian setup with the floor reset, sit in chair, then choose stationary.

- menu should appear at the normal height

- toggle off guardian again and the fixed height persists

CrimsonSky3000
Protege

Once you restart headset it's back floating up again.

monkeyjshow
Protege

I wish had to go through some stuff to get my height right with the guardian on 

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

Ok, seems like there are problems with Air Link.

I can no longer use bitrate setting of 200 and have to set it to minimum or the controls lag/lockup something fierce.

Even with the render resolution cranked up to the highest settings the images are still "grainy" with lots of aliasing "jaggies" on lines and edges.

Significant distortion on the right "eye".

When I switch to the Link cable I can run the render settings at 1.3× and get clean images. No significant distortion on the right "eye".

Basically Air Link is unusable at the moment, I can barely read on screen text.

SectionOne
Expert Protege

Please add 2.5mbps video compression quality setting. (HD quality)

Not everyone needs a minimum of 5mbps with a huge file

Tbone
Protege

After the most recent update, I get a debug window that pops up on my desktop when I used the Link Cable. I'm not sure what setting I have turned on that's causing it. If I close it, the Link connection is severed. 

So now I'm stuck rendering an app three times - on the headset, mirrored on the desktop, and in a debug window.

Bladerah
Expert Protege

I am still having the problem where my settings are not matching up to what you guys are showing. Theres no experimental option related to the camera. Anyone else going through this?

AREMIDPHOENIX
Explorer

How did you get the advanced video options? Factory reset? 

JackPelaFox
Honored Guest

Me too. No camera settings anywhere 🤷🏻‍:male_sign: 

madhujeet.tomar
Honored Guest

App is not functioning after updating oculus version to 44041400838600000 We created an android application where user has to launch  VRActivity from normal android activity and user will play game online using CloudXR server. It was working till previous OS version of OCULUS until new update in oculus version (44041400838600000). Now if we launch the VRActivity as root activity then it is working but launching through normal activity then it is stuck or sometimes give black screen within the window itself.

Bladerah
Expert Protege

Not sure if this is being looked into yet.

Choleni
MVP
MVP

i usually play linked to PC.....since update to v44 I can't confirm follow requests neither in vr or pc app......nothing happens when I click the notification.
I need to use the mobile app or unlinked Quest.
Is that a bug or on purpose?

monkeyjshow
Protege

The APKPure app store also become non-functional after the update and I had to uninstall it from two different headsets because it kept trying to open over other apps and only showed a blank screen. I'm wondering how much of the multitasking with 2D apps this update has broken.

CharlieLima
Honored Guest

Quest 2 updated to v44 and having stuttering every 60ish seconds via AirLink playing Red Matter 2 - When I was on v43 it was butter smooth.

jermx.2022
Explorer

Hopefully this update fixes the pairing issue with phones and being stuck on the pairing screen 🤦🏾‍:male_sign:

CONSPIR4CY
Explorer

Same issue! its just stuck floating as if im standing up can't move it anymore except to left and right.

embitelandroid
Honored Guest

Hi @Ryanality When will be the next stable release for Oculus Quest 2 as current update does not support navigation from normal android activity(2D) to VR Screen (3D) which was working with previous OS version.