cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 15, 2022.

Advanced Creator Settings

We want to empower creators to capture and deliver high quality experiences to help connect and grow engagement from their audiences. As such, we’ve added Advanced Camera Settings that can be enabled from your Experimental Settings panel in VR. Once enabled, you’ll have access to these additional camera settings:

• Image Stabilization: Choose how much to reduce the appearance of headset movement in your videos.
    • Increasing image stabilization decreases the field of view.
  • Aspect Ratio: Choose your default format and resolution for photos and videos.
    • We heard your requests, and are happy to add that 1920x1080 or "Landscape" is now possible.
  • Frame Rate: Choose your default frame rate for videos.
    • Higher frame rates can negatively impact app performance.
  • Video Compression Quality: Choose a default bit rate for videos.
    • Higher bit rates improve video quality but also increase file size.

Parental Supervision

We continue to add features to our Parental Supervision tools for VR. Two of the newest additions include:

• Block Developer Mode: Parents can now block teens from using their headset in developer mode through Parental Supervision tools.
    • Blocking developer mode will prevent teens from installing apps on their Meta Quest that may not be available on the Meta Quest App store using a connected device or computer.
  • Note, this will be rolling out gradually.

Unlock Pattern for Apps

You can now lock multiple apps with a single PIN entry. With this update, you can also filter and lock apps based on rating categories.

• You can find this feature by selecting Settings > Security Settings > App Lock.
71 Comments
saint_cow
Protege

Hi, this issue needs to be looked into. I have only seen it since V44 but others seemed too before, more than one is seeing it and I have confirmed that 120hz utilising Virtual Desktop the issue isn't present so it's definitely Oculus software induced. https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/x5c9a6/oculus_quest_2_link_issue_flashing_pixel_artifacts/?...

AREMIDPHOENIX
Explorer

Where are the advanced features???? Is no one going to address this? 

monkeyjshow
Protege

I've noticed that when I try to use 2D apps with passthrough enabled the entire passthrough view becomes extremely choppy after a few minutes. It doesn't seem to matter what app I use or which combination of apps - and I did not get any of the new experimental features, the height was all messed up and 2D apps were crashing on both headsets as soon as they started up with update v44 installed. Why is no one at Meta responding to these issues? I can see that I am far from the only one experiencing these bugs. Was this some kind of alpha preview that accidentally got released into the wild? Y'all need to do a v45 fix like yesterday. Maybe you should just let the Oculus guys go back to running Oculus? This is ridiculous - especially after increasing the price by $100

monkeyjshow
Protege

This isn't all update, it's a pile of bugs thrown in our faces

SuperHwan
Protege

Does the v44 version not support OpenXR?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@SuperHwan  I’m using OpenXR toolkit with msfs 2020 with my Q2/rtx3090 and it works fine with Air Link.

SuperHwan
Protege

Apk files containing OpenXR won't run on Oculus Quest2 after v44 version update. It runs fine on devices that have not updated v44.

my headset version is my headset version is 46.0.0.219.0.405105920. 

I'm not in the PTC.

why v46?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Seems to be a forum problem right now.  I have posted a reply to the previous post and it keeps disappearing.

CrimsonSky3000
Protege

Another bug found. When I power on or restart my quest 1 and leave it sitting it doesn't go to sleep. Can hear fan spinning and white power light still on. When put headset on screen is blank.

Once I press power button on/off it goes to sleep fine then.

Just tested it works fine if I'm wearing headset while powering on or restarting.

Just happens when power on without headset on.

embitelandroid
Honored Guest

Hi @Ryanality  Is there any update on this? I'm also facing similar issue.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @embitelandroid and @madhujeet.tomar ! Have either of you tried our developer support team about this? If not, go ahead and contact them so that the team can check it out. If you have a ticket number, send it my way and I'll make sure it's getting the right attention.

AREMIDPHOENIX
Explorer

Advanced video features? Please?

Bladerah
Expert Protege

Has there been any update on the missing settings? I’ve gotten v46 and still don’t have the camera settings.

AREMIDPHOENIX
Explorer

You’d think they’d WANT us to make and share videos 🤷🏽‍:male_sign:.

pete.lurie
Explorer

My issues has now been fully resolved, and I am getting much better picture and frames.  The issue was changing the bitrate on the OTT or ODT.  now that this has not been changed I dont get any more white lines on the screen.  Can still change FOV and sharpening, but truthfully the options in the headset make it very good at Supersampling 1.5 with 90Hrz.  Thanks

SeptemberCorp
Protege

Like other users, Advanced Camera Settings are missed in my account.

(Screenshoots are in spanish because I'm spanish)

Not available in settings:

SeptemberCorp_1-1665844042559.png

SeptemberCorp_2-1665844069675.png

Not available in experimental features:

Experimental featuresExperimental features

My account is set to administrator in my Quest 2, and the Advanced Camera Settings are missed.

AdministratorAdministrator

If other person try to login in my Quest 2 with their own account, they have Advanced Camera Settings in my Quest 2. But my account haven't.

I've now the v46 and doesn't work, but when I had v44 did't work too.

SeptemberCorp_3-1665844115138.png

If I try to log in to another user's Quest 2. I still haven't Advanced Camera Settings. Even If the owner has Advanced Camera Settings.

I've tried to contact with support (Ticket 5746929) but the only answer I get is to factory reset my Quest 2. I've factory reset my Quest 2 many times but still not working. Other thing they say it's that I've activated Public Test Channel. But isn't true. I've never activated PTC and if I check the PTC appears not available for me.

In the Meta Quest android app PTC appears unavailable:

SeptemberCorp_4-1665844628876.png

Translated to english says "Public Test Channel: Enrollment in the public test channel is complete. Please check back for availability later."

In my Quest 2 there is no trace that PTC is activated.

SeptemberCorp_5-1665845642418.png

I think it's something with accounts (because in same Quest 2, only my account haven't this feature) but support doesn't fix the problem (Ticket 5746929). They only recommend factory resets. 

AREMIDPHOENIX
Explorer

Muchisimas gracias por todo esa informacion amigo!!! 

Bladerah
Expert Protege

This should be exactly what they need to get this looked into.

Bladerah
Expert Protege

Any update to this? I also haven’t noticed any additional features from v46 such as the recently open apps.

Bladerah
Expert Protege

I still don’t have the camera settings. This is sad.

ashmanmedia
Protege

I was lucky enough to have these advanced camera settings.  I capture a ton of video using my Quest 2.

Aspect Ratio set to 1920x1080 works well however please see my feedback below.
When capturing video and centering my subject in view while recording the final captured MP4 appears not to be centered as my subject was when I captured.

The centering of the capture appears to capture video Bottom Center lower than originally shot by viewer.
Please review the crop used here.