cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of October 6th, 2022 and will be pushed to Meta Quest and Meta Quest 2 headsets.

Privacy settings

• We’ve redesigned, revamped and retooled your in-VR privacy settings for all Meta Quest headsets.
  • With these enhancements and upgrades, we hope to streamline setting up your privacy preferences. This means that now you can easily manage settings for individual apps as well as for social connections or device settings, all in one place.

Khazad-dûm Home Environment

• We’ve collaborated with Prime Video to create a new Horizon Home environment inspired by the portrayal of Khazad-dûm in The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, now streaming on Prime Video.
  • This will be available on Oct 10 and will only be available for a limited time.

Search improvements

• We’re improving our search to now include commonly searched for settings.
    • Users will be able to clear out all their popular searches at once as well as clear out individual popular settings.
  • We‘re also making improvements to the search results overall. One of the ways we’re doing this is by enabling Search to bring up your previous searches higher in the search results. This allows you to more quickly access settings you commonly search for.

Recent apps

• We’ve made updates to the Universal Menu to provide quick access to your three most recently used apps directly from the menu bar.
    • This will be rolling out to users gradually.
56 Comments
huliqan
Adventurer

where has the screen contrast setting gone-3 profiles are bright, natural and balanced?

How to return the profile "bright" ?

Display Contrast settings slider disappeared too :(((

SuperHwan
Protege

Please add an error problem to OpenXR.
I didn't even get a proper answer to this question.
The current version has been updated and the error has been fixed, but there is no posting of the update anywhere.

Joe-Dude
Explorer

Where are the Advanced Camera Settings?

Choleni
MVP
MVP

I just got this version and wished I didn't.

Why the hell did Meta remove the ability to chat with PC app with this version???

I use PC chat a lot before and after playing and I'm so angry about that.

What a stupid idea!😒

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

Just got the update 2 hours ago and the graphics seem to have been bumped up! Nice!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I got v46 on both my Q2/rtx3090 and PC app earlier today and all seems to work fine.  I still have not seen the App organisation options but maybe this will finally be rolled out soon.  I really like the 2x new Rings of Power home environments!  Thanks Meta.

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Friends of mine have the version already several days.....nothing is rolled out since then, there is no chat in PC app anymore!

JaymzLkLr
Honored Guest

For me, this version broke the App Library settings under the Personalization tab. I have my default filter set to "Installed" and it just defaults back to "All" every time I close App Library and reopen it. I've reset it and still same results. Not really a big deal to me on the short term...just letting you know (reporting a bug).

btw, enjoying the new Rings environment. Thanks!

huliqan
Adventurer

How to return color profile "bright" ?

This current pale yellow profile is nauseating!!!(((

Stimmits
Explorer

Our App cannot connect to our servers anymore since this firmware version, as we are getting a socket exception. We had no issues with build v44.

Is there any change in security in v46 regarding connecting sockets directly through ports other than 443?

Update: We have noticed that the issue looks like that since version v46 port 9000 returns as "permission denied" when connecting using adb shell netcat. Port 9000 is one of the main ports that we use for connecting to our service. This port has been available before v46. Now it looks like it has been blocked on the device/OS.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Stimmits , have you reported this to the developer support team? They can help triage it over to the right folks for review!

Stimmits
Explorer

Of course! That was my first go-to 🙂 hope they can be of assistance! Thanks for the reply.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have a ticket number for that feel free to share and I'll see about getting it in the right hands too.

Stimmits
Explorer

That would be great! Ticket #40996. Much appreciated!

Joe-Dude
Explorer

Where do I find the advanced camera settings?

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Joe-Dude I believe Advanced Camera Settings are an experimental feature right now. Have you checked under Settings > Experimental Features to see if it's listed in there to be turned on for you?

Joe-Dude
Explorer

It's not there. 

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

What? Do you have contrast slider? I still don't have it. 😕

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

It's known problem since ooold days. 😕

KodaiRyu
Honored Guest

Passthrough slider disappeared with v46

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@KodaiRyu wrote:

Passthrough slider disappeared with v46

My passthrough slider reappeared on v46 today. I'm not sure it seems very useful compared to a simple on/off button..

Bladerah
Expert Protege

I am still missing Advanced Camera Settings in experimental. Is anyone else still missing it? I’ve been unable to make recordings in wide screen.

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

For some reason I got an early jump on v46 before it was announced even though I'm not in the PTC.

Whenever there is an update I try to go through the system settings menus to see what has changed. If it is a feature I don't use I may not notice the change.

Biggest change I've notice is in Guardian. It will point out objects in your area. With a fixed boundry these "objects" are often the folds on the pants I'm wearing while seated 😀  These "objects" do not force passthrough mode while used the headset.

Installed Khazad-dûm Home Environment. Nice.

Experimental camera settings are there. They showed up on v44 for me. Went from 44 to 46. There are no aspect ratio options for still screenshots however.

Resolution in Air Link is still a problem, as well as distortion in right "eye". Resolution is inconsistent, rarely it is sharp and clear without right eye distortion. Almost all of the time it is fuzzy, blurry with text barely readable. Once and a while it is slightly clearer but nothing like what I used to get under v43. I tried resetting everything on PC and access point. Even changed channels and shut off all other WiFi devices and any other network activity. Refuse to do a factory reset on the headset.

FoxyJoestar
Explorer

Would it be possible to get the 4090 added into the supported GPU list? Desktop app keeps saying it doesn't meet the new minimum requirements, but it still works fine. Best AirLink experience I've ever had.

huliqan
Adventurer

Please return the color and contrast settings to what they were in the Experimental settings. Profiles bright, balanced and natural+contrast control

AlexiTQ
Adventurer

When are you going to fix Link issues?

Now audio is broken since a couple of updates - can't run decent bitrates without completely messing up the sound. What a **bleep**ing trainwreck... 

huliqan
Adventurer

46th - the very most worst firmware for 2 years!!!(((

pyluna
Explorer

I confirm! It's ugly this light yellowish

pyluna
Explorer

the original colors were better!!

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Where is App library filter & sort setting of v41? Where is contrast slider (not color space setting) of v42? 99% people didn't get them.

Snap_Count
Explorer

Last 2 updates are a joke. Lot's of new features in v44 and v46 I would like to use... I get upgraded from one to the other... And literally don't see any difference.. none of the stated features are working or showing up. The only thing that showed up was the new home environment... No new video recording options, no recent apps pinning etc... What's the point of releasing any updates if the majority never gets them!?

Bladerah
Expert Protege

I am still missing the settings as well and I’m also awaiting an update to my support ticket.

Bladerah
Expert Protege

Still awaiting an update.

fatal88
Expert Protege

Since v46, both link and air link are dropping frames and not just for me, the topic came up in a Hungarian forums.

It's not too visible, but it's causing lag in tracking making beat saber almost unplayable on harder levels.

Hope it will be fixed in the next version.

I'm using fixed bitrate and it was fine before I got v46 a couple weeks ago.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@fatal88 wrote:

Since v46, both link and air link are dropping frames and not just for me, the topic came up in a Hungarian forums.

It's not too visible, but it's causing lag in tracking making beat saber almost unplayable on harder levels.

Hope it will be fixed in the next version.

I'm using fixed bitrate and it was fine before I got v46 a couple weeks ago.

If you have a nvidia gpu try using 200mbps DYNAMIC bitrate (rift home dashboard far left icon).  This results in better, smoother performance for me, esp. with SteamVR apps.

Snap_Count
Explorer

Decided to factory reset my Quest 2 to get the features stated in both v44 an v46. Well... Not only doing that not get the stated features, but I also lost the ability to change to either light or dark mode 🤦. 

Well gone are the days of looking forward to new features when even old ones don't reappear. FFS Meta - get you're $hit together... All this better be fixed in the next firmware update.... Otherwise that will be 3 updates in a row that didn't add any value at all.

Choleni
MVP
MVP

I'm just curious....why would a factory reset bring you features that you didn't already get with the update.
Either these features are rolled out with this update and you get them.....or they come later....or much later....
I can't see the point of a factory reset.

Bladerah
Expert Protege

Thanks for trying. There’s been zero update to any ticket I sent them about this issue after we got past the part where they asked me to factory reset.

Hallucinogen
Protege

I automatically updated last night to v46.0.0.226.0.40623266 and have to say it is by far the worst update so far for me personally.

The screen resolution seems so bad / low as if i have vaseline smeared on the lenses. On the home screen everything looks bigger and i can almost see horizontal lines between the pixels on certain colours.

There doesn't seem to be a sweet spot for viewing any more as everything just looks blurry and out of focus and gave me a headache within 15 minutes of using that i have never had before, it also caused me slight nausea which again has never been a issue when just in the home section. Also my eye balls are actually aching this morning from the strain of trying to focus on items that are just totally out of focus.

When viewing movies the resolution is appalling now as i can easily see each individual pixel (i couldn't before) and it even seems as if the frame rate has also dropped causing nausea.

It would be nice to have an option of choosing which resolution is most suitable for me and how i use my headset as this update has made my headset horrible to use.

I would give anything to get rid of all these pointless updates and actually have a stable headset that works how i want it to work. Every update seems to come with some sort of issue and I actually dread updating wondering what is going to break next.

It was only recent that i had to do a factory reset due to being forced to update and not being able to pair with my phone app.

Please sort the resolution issue out asap as my headset is almost unusable with the current Build / Version.

Thank you

huliqan
Adventurer

Thanks a lot for add contrast slider settings !!! Much better now!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@huliqan wrote:

Thanks a lot for add contrast slider settings !!! Much better now!

Ya, I got the contrast slider with both my Q2 and QP earlier today.  Just moving the contrast slider a tiny bit to the right seems to help sharpen up darkish scenes very nicely and makes the blacks a little blacker.  Thanks Meta and cheers.

eusouaverdade
Honored Guest

Same here, finally found someone with this problem too.

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Oh, yeah. I got contrast slider (originally a part of v42 update). But still no app library default filter & sort setting (originally a part of v41 update). And color space setting is still missing (it was gone before).

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@eusouaverdade wrote:

Same here, finally found someone with this problem too.

If you look hard enough you'll always find someone with exactly the same problem.  Maybe do a little more google research and/or try contacting Meta support to actually try to fix it.  And, ya, already lots of Reddit kiddies that say they have done so, lol!

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

No contrast/brightness sliders yet. I did get a "Paradiso" home environment.

Air Link right eye/lens distortion and render resolution problems still there. Problem seems to fix itself temporarily but come back after shutting down headset. No problem using the Link cable. Problem began with v44.

RelicUK
Protege

You need to fix the stuttering issue with Quest 1 headsets with link sharpening enabled! It's unacceptable that you broke this

JukeboxDinerTTV
Honored Guest

Unfortunately because of this update Air Link crashes my Quest's wifi 5-30 seconds into booting it up.

Really sad because most of my stuff is PC exclusive, so I'm practically locked out of my stuff until this is fixed somehow.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@JukeboxDinerTTV wrote:

Unfortunately ever since this update rolled out to my headset, Air Link has been practically unusable. My headsets internet crashes after being in Oculus Link via Air Link for about 5-30 seconds. 

Edit: Didn't realize that I posted about the issue twice in this.

Ya, well fortunately for me Air Link has never worked better with both my Q2 and QP/rtx3090.  If you are having issues I think you are best to contact Meta Support, include your log files, and see if they can identify the cause of your issues.  Good luck mate and cheers.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Just a short update note.  I got a fairly large v46 update earlier today (46.0.0.261.....) on both my Q2 and QP.  I don't see much difference with my Q2 (maybe the home screen is a little clearer.

On my QP/rtx3090 there was a pretty big difference.  The controllers seem a little more solid (and they already were very good).  This update included new software for both controllers.  The brownish haze in darkish areas that many have been moaning about does seem to be reduced.  Although I can see a very little at lens left/right edges.  My Air Link performance also seems better.  I'm now able to run 90Hz refresh rate with the res slider full right and use 200mbps Fixed bitrate.  This is making all my PCVR games/sims look absolutely beautiful and run very smooth.  Thanks Meta.

fatal88
Expert Protege

That's very good news.

Does the PC software updated as well?