cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of April 27th, 2023 and will be pushed to Meta Quest Pro and Meta Quest 2 headsets. 

Parental Supervision content filters for Meta Quest Browser

We are adding the ability to block access to certain website categories  in Meta Quest Browser (examples: adult content, alcohol/tobacco, weapons, etc.). Once you’ve turned on Parental Supervision, parents can enable these content filters from the Meta Quest mobile app. 

WIFI 6E support for Meta Quest Pro

If you have a Quest Pro, you can now connect to WiFi 6 GHz networks for lower latency and faster, more consistent download and upload speeds.

Advanced camera settings leaving Experimental Features

Advanced camera settings are moving from Experimental Features to the Camera tab under Settings. You can use these advanced settings to capture VR gameplay videos at different frame rates, aspect ratios, bit rates, and with image stabilization.

Stereo audio for video recording

We are beginning to roll out stereo audio for video recording. All video captures will record stereo audio instead of monophonic audio.

Update apps during shutdown

When you shutdown your headset, you will now have the option to update apps before the headset powers off. This will help minimize the number of app updates that you have to complete the next time you want to jump into a VR app or game.

• This will be rolling out gradually. 

Text readout on system keyboard

A readout will show up when you are using the system keyboard. This will allow you to quickly glance at what you’re typing in VR and make easy edits and should reduce eye and neck strain.

Select time zone and edit time

You will now be able to select the time zone on your headset and manually edit the displayed time. To do this, select the date at the top of the Quick Settings panel.

VR notification grouping

Multiple notifications from a specific app will now be grouped together, allowing you to more efficiently interact with them. 

Twitch.tv on Meta Quest Browser

You can now log in to Twitch.tv from Meta Quest Browser. Access content, chat with friends, and watch and subscribe to your favorite Twitch streamers in VR. 

65 Comments
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks! I'll update this thread when I see that the fix is pushed out.

vaizor
Protege

I appreciate the communication immensely. Thank you for the replies

erickrlima
Explorer

I`m having this problems in standalone games too. I`ve updated to v53 yesterday and these artifacts shows up at the edges of the display. It`s Most noticeable in dark barckgrounds and it seams to get worse with foveated rendering.

zzrailzz
Expert Protege

Yea i been having this issue since updating to v53 and alot of other people are reporting the same. Its definatly a software problem. I wish they wouldnt force these updates on us like this. I use my quest for streaming games from my pc only. I could care less about all the extras they are adding.  I was happy with the version I was on. Now I have not used my quest in over as month. Thinking about lookin at other vr options if this isnt takin care of soon. Sucks to I was stoked about gettin a quest 3.

Takumori
Explorer

Hi I hope you dont mind me asking, are there any further progress updates regarding the fix for the issue?

Seems that still two weeks later the artifacting hasn't been resolved for a lot of people, myself included.

Also, thank you very much for communicating with us, its greatly appreciated. 🙂

erickrlima
Explorer

Hi! I've recieved the v54 update today and the problem is fixed for me. No more artifacting in standalone games. I don't know if it persists over airlink, didn't have the time to test it.

vaizor
Protege

Yup, can confirm the issue is still there. Some days it feels worse than others. This is frankly unacceptable quality and im hearing whispers that v54 is straight up lagging and freezing. My confidence is low and its a shame because its a wonderful piece of hardware being completely ruined by software glitches. Meta is trying to compete with Apple now by announcing the Quest 3? Its laughable to try to compete when your base software doesn't even function properly. This is the the bar thats being set for meta customers. I only am so harsh because I fell in love with the quest pro and use it as my daily driver, i want it to be good but in its current state it is not. 

Takumori
Explorer

Still occurring for me on v54, both standalone and airlink. You are incredibly fortunate, hopefully my headset does the same.

zzrailzz
Expert Protege

Well My Quest finally updated to v54 and it seems to have fixed my issue. I only played for about 10 minutes but seen no artifacts at all and they were popping in almost as soon as I started a game. I also updated my virtual Desktop and the Streamer app to the newest 1.27.1 beta version so i dont know if that helped or not. Anyone know if there is a way to stop these automatic updates to the HMD? I would really like to be able to wait a few weeks after an update comes out to make sure there are no major bugs like with the v53 one before updating and if there is just skip that version.

TheodonKhel
Expert Protege

I was rolled by Meta update too. Today I had very solid performance on v53 with Wifi6E. I had to put the headset away for about 30-50 minutes (I did not disconnect from VD, Beat Saber was open). I came back to see the progress bar and update icon on my quest pro displays. It updated the headset by itself while the headset was in "sleep" mode. After restart I tried both VD and Air Link. Any attempt to quickly turn by even 90 degrees twice would end up in massive image lag. If I turned rapidly 180-360 it would lag right away on first try 95% of the time. I remember this could happen only really in situation where I would try to make it happen intentionally but repeatedly and rapidly truning by large degree back and forth over and over again. That is understandable that it could overload and lag but it's not something that would happen naturally even during the most intense and quick gameplay. I really had to try my best to force that lag. It would never happen during regular gameplay. Now literally any turn causes that and it's not even dependent on the bit rate. Even lowering it significantly has the same lag.

zzrailzz
Expert Protege

Yep same here. I went from alot of artifacts flashing in my HMD with v53 to massive lag spikes with v54. I dealt with the artifacts for over a month before it was fixed and now this. Is it gonna take another month to get stable gameplay again? I for one am tired of all this. I think maybe they are to concerned about the release of the q3 to take these last 2 bad updates serously. These issues should be top priority and we cant even get a response from meta. They should be more careful before putting out these updates as there are alot of other VR headsets out there now with more to come. I think VR is finally going to go mainstream and I dont care how good your product is, If you consistantly put out buggy software and have terrible customer service eventually people will get tired and look at other alternatives.

TheodonKhel
Expert Protege

I just tried the recommended way to fix it. Factory reset. It did work for me. It fixed the latency spikes in both air link and VD when turning. It also fixed the link cable lack of audio (that seems to be a bug with v54 as well). For me it wasn't really that big of a deal as I have only VD installed and I don't use standalone apps. It's good that at least there is any solution that can be done by a user. It can still feel bad for people who have lot of stuff on their headset though. 

zzrailzz
Expert Protege

Yea I went ahead and did another factory reset also and it appears to of worked . lol I hope it stays that way this time. I also only use VD  and the only games I play are streamed from my PC. Dont get me wrong I love my quest I use it everyday when I can but these last 2 months have been horrible with these updates. I wish they wouldnt force them on us like this because I have no interest in all these new "features". BTW did you know vd has a new 2.7 beta version out? It lets you jack the bitrate up to 400. between that, 5408 x 2736 resolution in the quest app, 170% ss in steamVR and ultra settings in VD My games have never looked better. Makes my 4090 really work though.

mrbumpy409
Protege

On the Virtual Desktop Discord, some folks were saying that after a factory reset, enabling Touch UI in experimental settings causes the network lag spike bug to come back, and disabling Touch UI doesn't fix it (only another factory reset). 😬

zzrailzz
Expert Protege

Thankyou for the info. That is good to know.