cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of May 18, 2023 and will be rolling out to Meta Quest Pro and Meta Quest 2 headsets. 

Custom Skybox View 

Enhance or personalize the Skybox View that surrounds your Home environment in VR by selecting one of the preinstalled options or uploading your own image. You can manage your Skybox View from the Personalization tab in Settings. Check out our Custom Skybox View blog for more details.

Note: Custom Skybox View is not available in groups and may not work in all environments. 

Follow request improvements

We’re making it easier to manage your follow requests to connect with other users. Follow requests will now be grouped together at the top of your notifications. Selecting this notification will take you to the People tab where you can view and respond to all your follow requests.

Guardian improvements

We are improving your headset's ability to remember more boundaries, so you can spend less time redrawing them.

• This will be rolling out gradually.

App Library improvements 

We’ve updated the look and feel of your App Library.  Filter and sort are now integrated into search for a more robust search experience.

The avatar mirror in your Horizon Home is now available in more environments, allowing you to easily view and personalize your avatar. 

Improved Quest Touch Pro controller tracking

We have improved the tracking performance for Quest Touch Pro controllers, more reliably positioning controllers in VR based on their position in real life.

Light theme 

We moved Light theme from Experimental Features to System Settings. Light theme allows you to select a lighter color scheme for menus and notifications in VR. To change your display theme, select Personalization from Settings, then select Display Theme. 

Physical Space setting

We’ve combined the Boundary, Passthrough and Objects & Furniture settings into the Physical Space setting. 

Customize more notifications in VR

You can now turn on notifications in VR for more apps from the Notifications menu in Settings.

•           This will be rolling out gradually.

90 Comments
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

There's also a new feature for people that have Gamepads connected with their headsets. Check out this post for more details.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I'm currently on v45ptc on both my Q2 and QPro.  I have not seen any updates for my QPro but I did get a recent update on my Q2.  I assume that staying on PTC will ensure that I'm also getting the latest v54.  Is that correct?  Thanks.

Stugabaranda
Adventurer

Guardian improvements and Physical Space settings...  Interesting 

M0RIATY
Adventurer

How is this in release now ?

Skybox doesn't work ?!

App library looks worse than before NOT improved ! 

Still only got the same amount of mirrors in certain homes ?

Improved tracking on pro controllers ? You mean you fixed what you broke in the last 2 updates ?

Light theme has been there for ages ?????

You mean the notifications that pop up when you don't want them and don't when you do ?

Ohhh! You changed a directory name ! (bet that took some coding?!?)

And let's not even mention Air Link issues! lol

This isn't just me stating these facts there's over 100 posts in the PTC v54 thread about it, with zero answers from you ?

Exius86
Expert Protege

You forgot to mention that it completely breaks Meta Move. That was reported in PTC and still Meta decides to release it...

Alakelele
Expert Protege

Hello there and thank you for sharing those notes, one thing that has been bugging me on this release is the fact that passthrough is reset at every start of the device.
It used to remember your settings when it was restarting but it's no longer the case. Could you help us out on this topic @Ryanality ?

Rkkeith
Honored Guest

Ever since this update, my Oculus Go will not pair any longer.  Have tried all recommended troubleshooting with no success.  How can I rollback a version to test.  It was fine until this update came through.  

vivi.521
Explorer

Hi @Ryanality  my quest pro keeps popping out "allow access to data blabla" popup, while I don't connect it to any other devices at all. And no reaction after I click on any button on it.

vivi521_0-1684748643335.png

Stugabaranda
Adventurer

HI,
when a firmware is officially released
I suggest perfecting the release notes by also adding possible bugs, especially if they coincide with those reported and not resolved by the development team during the ptc phase. in my opinion this would avoid less disappointment on users' expectations in general and, no less, a way to gratify the commitment of all the users who are part of the ptc, and help the development team with their reports.
I would also suggest that Meta reward the most proactive Ptc users, with credit that can be used on the Oculus store (for example).
I haven't been part of the PTC for some time, so I suggest this thing certainly not out of personal interest, but simply because if one day Meta will grace us to show us something stable and that looks like a finished and tested product, it will also be thanks to the 'commitment of users who are part of the PTC with the concrete intent to help.

okeyone
Protege

Update 53 Bricked my Pro I'm getting a replacement back today. Kind of scared of the PTC now because my Q2 is out of warranty and not sure if I want to chance my Pro again.

philmanagexr
Protege

just curious, how did v53 brick your Pro? 

Was it something that happened while running the update process, or was it after v53 was fully installed and then something happened to brick it?

okeyone
Protege

After it was installed strange things like just turning off or clicking a game takes you to home menu. After awhile when talking it out of standby it would just go off and then shutting down to restart the Meta logo would show then it would just go black screen. Support had me do a factory reset and all it would do was go to logo then black screen. Good news is I got the replacement back today so I'm loading up my games. The bad news is the new headset came with Version 53 installed 🤔😳🤣

philmanagexr
Protege

Ah, ok.  Yeah, that is very strange.

I hope the replacement works out much better for you!

Stugabaranda
Adventurer
I read on reddit about a user who got v54 and now all apps installed from sidequest won't start anymore.

“After v54, all my sideloaded apps are not working. Is there a workaround?

It's still unclear whether we're talking about apps he already had installed or apps he's installing now that won't launch, or pirated apps, but in the latter case he can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

In any case, I thought it appropriate to report it here so, when in doubt, everyone is free to decide how to move and run for cover if it is still on v53 or v51.
In the meantime, @Ryanality could you ask the dev team and inform if indeed v54 still supports the work of pc sidequested apps or if Meta decided not to make sideloaded apps work either in general?

or if someone who has already received v54 official to check and let know how things are on their device.

Thank you
ShocksVR
Superstar

Yup !  Disappointing that Move still hasn't been fixed.  This should be a priority fix as many adults use their Quest for fitness apps/subscriptions. 

Also, my TouchPro controller tracking seems to be glitchy with the latest v54 release.  I didn't really notice anything with the earlier v54 revisions, but the latest releases makes it where my controllers will momentarily lose tracking for a split second then pop back to being tracked.  Happens maybe once every 10-15 minutes.  Especially annoying when playing VR shooters since you're often still while aiming with the controllers; maybe the sleep/standby algorithm is kicking in too soon because it thinks I'm idle ?  This wasn't an issue prior to v54 (v50-v53 TouchPro tracking was solid).   Annoying, but still useable; just some feedback.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ShocksVR, I'm going to check in with the team and I just want to make sure I've got the issue you're talking about correct. This is for Move not tracking movement for secondary accounts, but tracking admin/primary accounts fine, right?

ObserverVR
Explorer

I have the same problem with the Move app not tracking any movements since updating to PTC v54, and this occurs on my primary/admin account, I don't have any secondary accounts set up on my device. I reported this bug in the PTC thread and also sent a bug report on the device. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, I'll let the team know!

ShocksVR
Superstar

As Observer has said, with v54 Move no longer tracks any data regardless of the type of account.

Thanks Ryan ! I'm a regular Supernatural VR user, so this getting a quick fix is much appreciated.

vivi.521
Explorer

Hi, besides my last post, I can't find the pictures I downloaded inside some VR apps when I want to custom skybox view.
It says there are 4 items in the Download file in the Quest Files App, but the Download file is blank. So I have to restart my quest 2 and pro to find the pics I download EVERYTIME.

That's a huge bug for such a simple feature  that has been heavily advertised.
vivi521_0-1684918051426.png

——————————————————————
Also I can't use hand tracking on my left hand to open the menu, only right hand oculus button works. And I can't see both my hands.

Exius86
Expert Protege

It seems that the Pro controllers issue when they regularly lose tracking for a second while connected to Wi-Fi 5 still isn't solved despite what release notes state, but now it occurs a bit strange. It doesn't happen when I'm connected via Air Link and it doesn't happen when I play Eleven Table Tennis standalone. But when I play standalone something that requires more fast moves with the controllers, like Los Milles Bodycombat or Thrill Of The Fight - it happens regularly. Maybe it will also happen via Air Link, but I don't have anything that requires such quick moves in PCVR.
@Ryanality Could you please confirm that the development team is aware of this issue? It appeared with v53 PTC release a month and a half ago, I reported it several times as a bug, I reported it here on the forums numerous times, some other guys reported it too... I dont know what else to do to state that this issue is really ruining gaming experience. I'm forced to use either Wi-Fi 2.4 only or don't connect the headset to Wi-Fi at all. 

chris.hollander
Explorer

I'm experiencing a handful of issues over the past week;  wondering if they might be related to the update.

1. my physical desk/couch no longer show up in my home environment.  I use my Quest Pro for work, gaming, and fitness, and I usually use desk/couch/roomscale guardians for those 3 activities, and not having access to the desk and couch specific environments is less convenient.
  2.  I'm having to re-draw my guardian much more often. I have separate room scale guardians setup in my basement, and on my first and second floors. the headset seems to get confused, and just has me redraw from scratch repeatedly.  
  3. the magnetic full-light blocking accessory is breaking tracking.  when I use this accessory, there seems to be a problem with tracking;  my controllers appear about a 10" below my actual hands. 
  4. the Physical Space Setting panel isn't visible to me- is this being gradually rolled out?
  5. I'm no longer getting iPhone notifications in my headset, and when I try to enable them, the app fails to render the settings panel.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Would just love to get my home back - or make it a paid feature.

It's for the first time making me consider downgrading the desktop app and then cutting the connection to future "upgrades". 2c. 

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Exius86, I can confirm the team is working on a couple controller tracking issues right now. They're still investigating right now to get exactly the conditions that are causing this behavior.

chris.hollander
Explorer

@Ryanality , sorry for not @'ing you in my initial comment.  I've been reading up on other threads- can you shed some light on whether the "Real World Objects no longer in Home Environment" issue is an intentional change, or a bug?  Thanks!

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Chris! We're working on updates to the mixed reality side of things and have the older couch and desk settings were removed. The beginning of that work is showing up with this version with the consolidation of Boundary, Passthrough and Objects & Furniture settings into the Physical Space setting. I used the different positions or environments myself for different things, I know how you feel about losing those options, but I'm excited for what's to come. 

There's an official message for the change that I shared on the v53 thread if you missed it. And as to your question 4, yes it's getting rolled out gradually.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I just got an update earlier today with my Quest Pro which is still on v54 PTC.  The new version I got is 54.0.0.140.344

Anyone that got a non-PTC v54 update could you please check to see if this is the same version.  Thanks.

I haven't seen any v54 updates on my Q2 yet.  It's still on non-PTC v53.

Everything seems to be working fine so far standalone and PCVR with Air Link.

Stugabaranda
Adventurer

hi, could you let me know if the downgrade made you get your oculus home back?

Exius86
Expert Protege

Today I tested in several pretty fast songs in Beat Saber PCVR via Air Link with 5Ghz Wi-Fi - there were no problems with the Pro controllers tracking. So, this bug is half-fixed. And then in occured several times when I played Eleven Table Tennis standalone, so it occurs regardless of how fast you move the controllers. But it happens on more random basis now - there might be not a sngle loss of tracking in 10 minutes and then a couple of losses in a minute. But I'm pretty sure that it doesn't happen when Air Link connected and happens only in standalone mode now with Wi-Fi 5 connected. I couldn't find any specific router setting that can cause the problem, but I noticed that setting lesser channel (36 or 40) and lesser channel width (20-40MHz) decreases the probability of losing the controller tracking.

@Ryanality If this info helps to fix the problem or reproduce it - please pass it to the team.

ObserverVR
Explorer

I got an update today (54.0.0.140) and the Move app is finally working again. All movements are tracked. Thank you @Ryanality for bringing this to the attention of the team.

I also noticed that the search icon in the Universal Menu now functions properly. On all previous v54 builds clicking it did nothing. Now it brings up a search menu.

ShocksVR
Superstar

Yup ! I can also confirm Move is tracking my stats again !  Thank you.

Just did a Supernatural workout and it was a happy surprise to see Move is working.   Thanks Ryan and Meta for squashing that bug.

Alakelele
Expert Protege

The passthrough option is still not being memorized, when we want to use passthrough, we don't want to have to check it all the time. Please bring back the possibility to remember our passthrough setting.
Thanks 

serg.244210
Honored Guest

during the game today turned off 2 times for no reason. v 54.0.0.140

dracula.571566
Honored Guest

Hi @Ryanality, QPro owner here, hope you don't mind me asking: are the developers aware of the 6Ghz networks not being seen by the QPro when left for a while after use? I've only had my QPro for a month and initially I tried PTC where I tested V54 but opted out due to all the bugs which were also reported on here. Went back to V53 and I can confirm that the problem was on the PTC V54 and it's on V53 too. First I had a TPLink AXE5400 router and I thought the router was the problem so I replaced it with an Asus AXE7800 and it's still happening.

- I setup the router as an access point and only left 6GHZ ssid visible, I turn on the headset and I can find the network and connect to it, connection is stable and everything is fine but if I leave the headset for a while and come back to it I find it disconnected from Wifi and the 6GHZ network cannot be seen by headset anymore. As mentioned above this is happening with 2 different routers and on V53 as well as it was on PTC V54.

- 5Ghz always works as it should.

There are a few people who reported the same thing on Reddit but not seen anyone mention it on here. It's frustrating and I hope the Dev team realise that people are spending a lot of money lately on routers (at least since 6E is available on QPro) and a lot of time trying different routers only to find that there's a problem with the headset. 

Regards

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I have not tried yet, but another forum member just tested it and got back his home.

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

In my Facebook community a lot of Quest 2 users are reporting that battery isn't charging @100% anymore. Almost around 97% over night since v54. Is there a fix on the way?

Greetings!

Pierre

Stugabaranda
Adventurer

yesterday I fixed the oculus software for pc but it brought me back to version 53 and consequently with the home bin files absent.
by the way I was to expect this since the repair software downloads the files directly from the Meta server.
Do you know how he did it or could you give me indications on who is this member who succeeded? I would be very grateful.

CPercky
Explorer

V54, not PTC. The main section of the app library doesn't show what I decided in the settings. If in: "Change preferences on the default filter", I set "Installed", the main section of the App Library always shows ALL THE APPs. This is not the correct behavior, it worked fine in V53.

Stugabaranda
Adventurer

Thanks for your report. 

Quest 2 or Pro?

CPercky
Explorer

Quest Pro

Stugabaranda
Adventurer

if you have just received the update, try waiting (patiently) for it to "stabilise" and also try restarting the device a few times.
I have Quest 2, and not even a shadow of v54 yet.

BadBoyDustTTV
Protege

Can you actually mention the Air Link issues? Or direct me to the most recent forum post where I can join the conversation on that?

Thanks!

CPercky
Explorer

The causes for Air Link problems can be different, you can find several discussions here that deal with the topic.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/new/
https://www.reddit.com/r/QuestPro/
https://discord.com/channels/1030760266113224747/1030760266767536153
https://discord.gg/EgdehV9J4b

M0RIATY
Adventurer

Question ? Ryanality have you any idea as to when the PTC will get v55 as meta seems to have already announced that it will be released in June ? and normally it takes a couple of weeks of PTC testing before release ? 

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

If I were a betting man, I would probably say early next week looks good. 🙂

Stugabaranda
Adventurer

it's been almost three weeks since the announcement of the release of the stable version of v54 and still nothing on my device.
I hope all this waiting means getting a well-functioning firmware, without any of the bugs reported when it was in beta phase, and with some concrete changes besides the customized skyboxes. in the release notes mention is made to the improvements of the guardian (even if "gradual implementation" I feel so much "don't kid yourself") and the setting of the physical space which is another aspect that is very close to my heart since I trust in a quick return of sofa and desk and why not, in the wake of the enthusiasm shown by @Ryanality  for what is coming, also to see some other piece of furniture.

COYG316
Honored Guest

When should this be available.  Still not available for me?

andythw
Protege

I have wondered as I my quest 2 has been on firmware v53 for so long and v54 was supposed to roll out over two weeks ago will v54 just be skipped and we all wait for v55? 

JorgTheElder
Protege

LOL... as long as you post with that tone, everyone is just going to ignore you.

andythw
Protege

Sorry it was not ment as a criticism it was a genuine question, as v55 is announced for June which is now is the further roll out of v54 still going on for us that dont have it yet?