cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

With v54 of the Quest software we're adding a new feature that will improve gameplay for anyone out there using gamepads with their headsets.

When connecting a gamepad either wired or wirelessly to a headset, there's a white dot that appears to assist with navigation by helping someone know where exactly the headset is focused. We've added a setting which allows users to disable this cursor and switch to direct gameplay control by pressing START + SELECT together at the same time on your gamepad.

For anyone playing sideloaded games on Quest, this feature should help make gameplay experience even more seamless by eliminating the white dot so you can focus on your gameplay.

Ryanality_0-1684434508219.png

6 Comments
PainTitan
Explorer

I see PlayStation and Xbox, where is Nintendo? Joycon support when!?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there, @PainTitan! Nintendo is tons of fun! You can definitely make a post in the Ideas section of the forums to see if anybody else in the community agrees! 

BoardGameNick
Explorer

Thank you! This is a feature I requested last year, I am happy there will finally be a way to remove the white dot when using a gamepad. 

@Ryanality One small feature request, a way to disable (or change the default to off) the auto-app update prompt on the Power Down Menu. It’s a welcome feature for many, but for those that don’t like auto-updates it is annoying to toggle off every time I turn off my headset. Thank you!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I wish there was a similar command to get rid of the gaze cursor when using the quest browser and your controllers go to sleep, like when watching a YouTube vid.

bl.ck3.2023
Honored Guest

Automatically updated 

Explorer

Hello-I am unable to add a gamepad to my updated Quest 2 as that option does not appear under the "controllers" option. How can I add a gamepad device?