cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC for Quest v.35

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v35 is available, let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions, and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports as well if you notice anything.

When release notes for v35 are ready to share, I'll update this post with them. Also, if any known issues appear, I'll add them here as well with troubleshooting steps if needed.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
12 REPLIES 12

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, Quest v35 is now going live to all systems. Thanks for participating in the PTC and providing feedback! Systems flagged for PTC will continue to get build updates as they become released.

We're still working on what sorts of release notes we can provide for PTC before the official release comes out.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I noticed a new change today--my Settings menu has changed to a tile-based menu like Apps rather than a sidebar list and a main window. All the same stuff seems to be there, just divided up differently. I think this style of menu requires more clicks to navigate around, since you have to go back to the main tiles page before you can get to another section of Settings. I don't seem to have a different version number than last time I checked (35.0.117... I think), but maybe it's a really minor difference in build number, or else this is one of those features that rolls out slower than the main release update.

I also noticed a new behaviour--while loading up Medal of Honor, my headset briefly switched to a passthrough view a couple times. No message onscreen or tracking issues, just passthrough for a second, then back to the game. It happened two or three times, while the game was starting up, and also while loading my save file. Never seen it do that before, and it definitely wasn't an accidental activation of double-tap passthrough, as I wasn't touching the headset at the time.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Had a small incremental v35 update today, and my Stationary Guardian issue is finally resolved. I'm back to the invisible grid that I had been enjoying as an experimental feature until the v34 update.

I think my other weird problem from v34 (headset going back to standby a few seconds after waking) is also gone, but I'll see how that goes over a few days.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2