cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC for Quest v.39 Megathread

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v.39 is starting to roll out today. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
198 REPLIES 198

It is, yes. Unfortunately since you've factory reset, you're likely to be stuck even if within PTC builds it's fixed, unless they come up with a solution as they said they would. If it's of any help, you're definitely not alone, as there's quite a few us of in that predicament as well due to trying to fix the issue in the first place.

@Oculus_RyanS wrote:

The team is also aware that anyone who factory reset their headset in an attempt to fix this was removed from PTC, though they are still running PTC software. They'll be considering a solution for these folks as well and I'll update you all as soon as there's news.

Ligou
Level 2

My games have disapear but he still to exist in my Headset.

I have do a factory reset and try some things i have view on some topics but nothing have repair my Quest 2.

I still to have an empty Quest 2, but i can play to my Unkown Source game.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Login to your Facebook account on

your headset, download Sidequest on

Windows 10, update all your Oculus

Meta apps, and rock and roll!

Could you elaborate a bit more?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, not now not ever!

HSSIXTY_GER
Level 4

What a useless post. It doesn't sound like the author has tested it himself. You also need a developer account to access the Quest2 with sidequest at all. Also, I won't change anything else on the Ouest 2 until support announces a verified procedure. It was already a big mistake to reset the Quest 2 to factory condition. Why the support can't unlock PTC for the affected users is a mystery to me. The Quest 2 has been lying around as a paperweight for a week.

HSSIXTY_GER
Level 4

WOW. Great news. My apps are back !!!! Just started my Quest 2. All my apps are back and I can install them. Thanks to the support. The firmware is still the 39.0.0.56, yet everything works.

lance.mccary
Level 7

Anybody try app sharing yet on v39? Is shared account still encouraged to pay for a new app and the primary account receives error message? Strange bug that typed up that error message 😅

I just checked this morning when I woke up and my apps have returned also. I am happy and hope that this doesn't happen again. Crossing my fingers that everyone else's is fixed too. 🤞

Eyanez
Level 2

Are you guys aware of the "Black Screan" bug? Since v39, O cant do anithing the only thing i can do is look at my controlers and hear the guardian setup theme I have contacted support about this problem and they will try and help me