cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC for Quest v.47 Megathread

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v47 is starting to roll out. Meta Quest Pro is not included in the PTC at this time. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything going wrong.

Thanks to everyone testing out PTC and sharing your feedback! We appreciate your help testing out the core functionality of software as we develop!

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
89 REPLIES 89

cheeeze
Level 3

On 47.0.0.264.341

Device is suffering from Air link stutters as other people mentionned. It seems somehow better than v46 but the issue is still ongoing . Awaiting for a fix.

my device has been unusable for a couple weeks now. I'm even starting to wonder if this is a legal matter. Selling a couple hundred dollars worth non-working device is just plain wrong.

Link and Airlink stutters. (72-120hz)

ghkgjgjhjh
Level 3

There will be a patch for resolve the issues about link cable and air link connection for pcvr?

I hope a representative from Quest can respond to the questions on this thread.

Thx for the clarity re the touch pro controllers on Quest 2!

fatal88
Level 6

For me, the stuttering is almost completely gone, but framedrops are still there, so it's weird. Something happened with the encoder that's for sure, because my old (and untouched) OBS presets can't record with nvenc anymore, encoder fps goes down if I turn it on. I only record Beat Saber so I've set the recording to CPU now, which works but energy efficiency would be better with GPU encoding.

Anyway, it's playable now at me. I reduced Air Link bitrate to fixed 125 mbps (in V44 it was on fixed 170) and I'm using 90hz.

n9yty
Level 3

v47 afflicted my headset with the "won't charge over ~55%" unless you are in the boot loader. Nice. No way to resolve this from what I have read, but it surely seems like a software issue. Some had mentioned that it started working again after a subsequent update, but I have no way to re-apply v47 or do much of anything until the next update comes out, if that even fixes it. Frustrating that this bug is still circulating.

kzolee216
Level 4

Quest 2 is unplayable Link and Airlink connection. Terreible link connection and dropped frames in 72 hz - 120 hz.

My spec:

I7 9700K

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X

16 Gig

Asus 3080 TUF OC

When can we expect solution?

Multyspeed
Level 3

I have the same issue as kzolee216 with a similar PC

I7 - 9700K

Asrock Z390 Extreme4

32GB RAM

Asus 3070 Ti TUF Gaming OC

It's really horrible experience. I have tried factory resetting and overclocking the GPU and the CPU (no difference). I reinstalled the Oculus app on the PC (Windows 10) with the latest Nvidia drivers, and older drivers ... no difference at all ...

Can you give us some feedback on the possibility of disabling the new arms and just use the previous ghost hands? I would much prefer continuing to use the ghost hands.