cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC for Quest v.47 Megathread

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v47 is starting to roll out. Meta Quest Pro is not included in the PTC at this time. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything going wrong.

Thanks to everyone testing out PTC and sharing your feedback! We appreciate your help testing out the core functionality of software as we develop!

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
89 REPLIES 89

Fretbol
Level 2

Since v47 extreme stuttering and glitching in racegames like Project Cars 2 and Automobilista 2 on Quest 2 with link cable. Everything worked fine on v46. Please fix this, at the moment racing in VR is simply impossible!

My laptop is a Legion 5 pro with an RTX 3070 Ti. 30XX series don't have "Max-Q dynamic boost", they use a different type of dynamic power boost apparently.

To get rid of the issue, I use a custom power mode in Lenovo Legion Toolkit, and set dynamic boost to "zero" (see below). I'm losing a bit of extra power, but it solves the constant frame drop issue, as seen in the screenshot from one of my previous post.

Screenshot 2022-12-06 230335.png

I have a PC. Your solution is not good.

Dagfal
Level 3

For the love of Christ give us a way to revert back to V46 from V47.

I have read enough post and so called solutions over the past three days to make my eyes bleed. Its clear V47 is a problem for many of us using the link cable , its also clear many of us only use the quest 2 only for pcvr and our headsets are just sitting on our desk taking up space.

This is the kind of mess that means our next headsets we purchase will be someone else's product.

Do better. Much Much better.

AlphaEndgame
Level 3

I wish I knew I could block updates before all this mess. I would have never updated. Why can't I just downgrade the firmware of a device I payed hundreds of euros for?

For a lot of us issue started with v46. V47 made it better for me, I hope there is no new update which will ruin everything (although it's still far from perfect) for the holiday season. V47 and 44 was perfect, I don't understand why I can't downgrade. I don't give a crap about the new features when PCVR is ruined.

Multyspeed
Level 3

I hope there is new update before the holidays, so all of us that can't play now, enjoy the holidays. The V46 was way better than V47.

Yeah if it fixes, sure. But someone wrote that there was an update yesterday which made things worse.

I think some rolling release feature ruin things, but not activated for everyone in the same version. So a lot of you getting it now with v47 and some of us got it earlier in v46 because v46 was the worst for me, it was unplayable.

I have the exact same problem , since the update I cant play Population One , everytime my guardian appears it starts stuttering , and even when it doesnt the game sttutering makes it unplayable , headache included , I wish I could downgrade to V46 , I dont care about the new features I just want to enjoy my headset , Im about ot buy and Index by now

MAX.I.CAN
Level 3

youve been working on this for 4 weeks , let us downgrade to v46 until you fix your problems