cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC v38 Release Megathread

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v.38 is starting to roll out today. Let's use his thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting in this thread you notice anything wrong.

When sharing feedback, try to include as much detail as possible to help the team investigate.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
85 REPLIES 85

Same problem here

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm ok with the way Quick Settings and Settings, Profile, and Notifications are set, from best to worst, if those don't get a change. If and only if, ESPS can't change, for whatever reason I don't need to know, your going to have to give me a complete list of everything, that I can sort Alphabetically and by Release Date Month, in Explore. Store is going to need a Wishlist and Not Interested folder. The top two games my Store view promoted were Creed and Arizona Sunshine, both games I know I'll never play. The runners up were what I have in my App Library, 80% not interested. 100% never sorted to benefit me personally, thats the end so thats my foot, that has to change. Beyond those coin flips, I'm going to need better Event management and better Stats (Move) management. I don't do anything with those. What actually happens to the People section I'm very flexible and open there, whatever. Microsoft put out the best sweep for destructive user created content with Xbox, but where they lacked pretty miserably was with their avatar efforts, never graduated Quick Thrill 30 Second Fad status over here. Heavenly for sim fans and a micro second shrug from nonsim grunts as myself.

geerxin
Level 3

Quest 1

after update to v38, headset wakeup in black screen from standby. 

the "restart, shutdown" screen don't even showup. the head set is still running, and I can see the screen turned on, but just with black screen. the only solution for me now is to hold the power button to shut it down, then turn it back on again. 

I do factory reset after every update to make sure everything is running smooth. but not this time. 

Hopefully a fix could get update soon. 

Where is "repair ocular app PLEASE!!!! THANKS 😊 🫂 

NicoleC.H.

HSSIXTY_GER
Level 4

On 25 March, I received the update to version 39.0.0.56.369 via the PTC. All my apps disappeared. This has now been fixed. I was also removed from the PTC. I now notice that I can't open multiple windows in the browser.
Has anyone who also has version 9.0.0.56.369 and was removed from the PTC already received an update to a higher version?
Nothing has happened to me for over a month now.

Hey HSSIXTY_GER! We recommend checking for updates in the settings regularly, steps for doing can be found at the link here: How do I update my Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest software? We also recommend trying to opt back into the PTC as that is how you would receive any new update that gets rolled out before releasing to the masses. If this, doesn't prove useful in getting your PTC and multiple browser windows functioning properly again, please   perform a factory resetting your headset. Before completing the factory reset, please turn on our Cloud Backup feature in order to to save any game's save data and scores from being deleted during the factory reset. To learn more about our Cloud Back up feature, please follow the link here: Oculus Cloud Backup!  Steps for performing a factory reset can be found in the article link here: How to Factory Reset! 

We hope this helps! If not, please consider send us a private message here on our community forums. Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message!