cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v49 is starting to roll out. Meta Quest Pro is not included in the PTC at this time. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything going wrong.

Thanks to everyone testing out PTC and sharing your feedback! We appreciate your help testing out the core functionality of software as we develop!

This did start rolling out last week, I was out of the office so this post is delayed. My apologies!

30 Comments
Skuva
Explorer

I have two questions:

1 - Why are old PTC megathreads still pinned, while the new ones aren't?

2 - Why does PTC has such limited subscription system?

It almost feels like you guys don't really want feedback...

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! 
1. Just an oversight on my part when I published this one, usually when I publish the new thread I make the adjustments to the old one.

2. There's a lot of folks in the PTC, but I don't know the exact number. They wanted a good representative number of users in there, without flooding the group. The team does check out the total number of users regularly to see if we need to reopen it up to new users.

And we absolutely do want feedback! PTC feedback is extremely helpful and feedback is always a gift!

VRHOG
Honored Guest

So with this update the 7% gpu speed increase is automatically enabled where with 47 I read you needed to enter standby after starting an app?

Sneedulous
Protege

So now we can rotate the POV even with the home UI opened? What a killer-feature! Just another punch in the face for us bedridden folks which are asking since forever for a way to tilt/rotate POV system-wide (read: in-game). VR should be all about accessibility since its very intrinsic nature but you deliberately decide to ignore this fact, even if it would cost you nothing to implement such feature; and don't tell me it's to avoid motion-sickness or whatever because you obviously could make it an opt-in feature. Keep going the wrong way Meta!

CrimsonSky3000
Protege

Hopefully laying down feature should be coming soon going by this tweet.

https://twitter.com/SadlyItsBradley/status/1611538268373520385

Sneedulous
Protege

Let's just hope they don't screw it up like "only for home environments®" or whatnot

nalex66
MVP
MVP

I’ve been getting a weird issue since v49. When I wake the headset, I often spawn far away from the normal home position, way outside of the home environment. It happens even more often in Link. This has been a real nuisance for development—I’m constantly in and out of the headset while working on and testing my Unity app, and many times a day, I launch my game and am immediately falling into the void because I’m outside of the map. When it happens, I have to exit Link and reconnect to get back to the proper home position (recentering myself in Link brings the menu to my location instead of bringing me back to the home position).

Qba73
Protege

When is the Quest pro getting the January update that was promised in November, primarily the wifi6 fix?

AlphaEndgame
Explorer

Any news on the ability to disable the avatar arms? I want the ghost hands back. I have barely been using my device since the arms were introduced, I just can't deal with them.

barabba9174
Protege

I hope that from March, with the stop to the updates for the first Quest, PTC option will be released for Quest Pro users.

Right now we Pro users have invested in innovative technology and we have no way to investigate it.

So disappointed.

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

I have Abstraction Home, I have "don't disturb", I can move while running menu, but my version & runtime version are 47.0.0.282.341. What?

Sneedulous
Protege

So when are we going to get "laying down mode"? And will it be system-wide (also in-game)?

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, the official release for v49 is starting to roll out now, so I've published the release notes. Not all features will get turned on right away, so if you happen to have v49, but don't see any of the new features mentioned, just wait a few days and check back as you might have the PTC build, but not the official release. 

Sneedulous
Protege

Could you kindly explain further on what "laying down mode" actually is and if it will be available also globally in-game? Thank you

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! There isn't currently a feature for "laying down mode" that was released with v49. If such a feature does get added in the future, we'll be sure to include it in the release notes and let everyone know how it works!

DatBoyy
Protege

I need this update urgently for my Quest 2, as on v47 the Quest Pro Controllers are not working. The initial update after pairing the controllers is stuck on 0%. I can't use the new controllers at all, they do not work on v47

@Ryanality Any chance you can add my Quest 2 Serial number (on my Meta account) to the PTC ? I can not sign up myself from within the Meta Android App.

Thanks.

jt2oux
Explorer

Same.  My pro controllers are useless until I get v49.

bright90
Protege

Same. I’m confused, seems like I have a partial update but can’t find enough info about this

bright90
Protege

What is the PTC build? Would this explain why my versioning shows 47.xxx but in other places 49xxxxx? And why I have new virtual backgrounds but not the new do not disturb. Etc…. So confusing 

bright90
Protege

Same, pro controllers worthless… why can’t I just get v49 already? Is over a week later after this announcement 

Jay_Ohm
Honored Guest

PTC stands for "Public Test Channel", so basically a public beta test before the actual release. Could get cool features early, could also get nasty bugs, you never know. If you can catch a free spot in the program, that is, since it seems to be always full.

As for when you'll get the official update, not sure where you got your "over 2 weeks since announcement" figure, the release rollout was announced last Tuesday, under 5 days ago at the moment, so we are within the "normal" rollout timeframe for now. Hopefully soon...

bright90
Protege

Ok thanks for the info.

to be clear, I said ‘over a week’, not two weeks. So the math is simple, release day was the 19th, I wrote that on the 27th.  But whatever. Many people with useless pro controllers who have gone thru hoops with meta ‘support’ (who do not seem to have much info at all) trying to get things working, and somehow it seems like some kind of Herculean task to roll out an update…

go figure 

Jay_Ohm
Honored Guest

Oh. It seems I can't read, oops... And yeah, upon further inspection, 19th was the day, so a bit over a week. I was going off this post in the current thread, which was made on tuesday.

Wesalle
Explorer

I have two things I would like to see addressed. The first issue is that I am unable to turn off AA while in the Oculus dashboard. I can select the option while receiving audio feedback but the setting remains on. 

The second is the seemingly quiet lack of support for my system components. I get the "Your computer doesn't meet the updated minimum specifications" banner at the top of the window each time I open. 

Not sure if these two issues could cause this but I have experienced numerous disconnects from the headset while wired that look like the software freezing in game. Hitting the oculus button and disconnecting from link then reconnecting will resolve the issue. 

System Internals:

Ryzen 9 7900X, RX 7900 XT, 32Gb DDR5 Memory ROG Crosshair X670 GENE

Link Cable use

Sero1376
Honored Guest

Seems  like V49 broke Airlink for me.

I got a Vega56 AMD Card and the latest drivers for that. 

When I open Airlink, doesn't matter if set to dynamic bitrate or static, the video feed starts to glet blocky and artifacty every few minutes. As if the encoder bitrate starts to drop.

When I went out of the Beta mode and got V47.1 back on my computer the issues went away.

Now that V49 is properly out I again have the issues because the App autoupdated.

Is there a way to download an older version of the Desktop Client? Also could you please fix this ?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Sero1376! We can definitely understand your concerns regarding these display issues that you're experiencing, and we'd love to help out! We'll want to review your logs which we can't do through the forums here, so please reach out to us through our support site! We'll do everything we can to help out! 

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

I got PC App (PTC) Version 50.0.0.137.257 now. Stuttering problem since v46 was solved. It's good. But wait, home button on Dash was gone, auto home launch option in PC app was gone. 🤔

barabba9174
Protege

Same for me: v50 the stability is fantastic, but I couldn’t find a way to return to the home after opening another app.

bronney
Explorer

Nope I just tested, it still drops.  <-- that's with the prev nvidia driver.

UPDATE: the PTC V50 with the latest Nvidia Driver 528.49 eliminated a lot of drops.  It's finally playable.  Cheers.  

Ggizzle_s.o.g
Expert Protege

Call Rick IDs