cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC v49 Release Megathread

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Public Test Channel (PTC) for Quest and Quest 2 v49 is starting to roll out. Meta Quest Pro is not included in the PTC at this time. Let's use this thread for collecting feedback on it. Share your impressions and let us know if you see any issues. Please make sure to also send in bug reports along with posting here if you notice anything going wrong.

Thanks to everyone testing out PTC and sharing your feedback! We appreciate your help testing out the core functionality of software as we develop!

This did start rolling out last week, I was out of the office so this post is delayed. My apologies!

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
26 REPLIES 26

Skuva
Level 2

I have two questions:

1 - Why are old PTC megathreads still pinned, while the new ones aren't?

2 - Why does PTC has such limited subscription system?

It almost feels like you guys don't really want feedback...

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! 
1. Just an oversight on my part when I published this one, usually when I publish the new thread I make the adjustments to the old one.

2. There's a lot of folks in the PTC, but I don't know the exact number. They wanted a good representative number of users in there, without flooding the group. The team does check out the total number of users regularly to see if we need to reopen it up to new users.

And we absolutely do want feedback! PTC feedback is extremely helpful and feedback is always a gift!

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

VRHOG
Level 2

So with this update the 7% gpu speed increase is automatically enabled where with 47 I read you needed to enter standby after starting an app?

9cento
Level 4

So now we can rotate the POV even with the home UI opened? What a killer-feature! Just another punch in the face for us bedridden folks which are asking since forever for a way to tilt/rotate POV system-wide (read: in-game). VR should be all about accessibility since its very intrinsic nature but you deliberately decide to ignore this fact, even if it would cost you nothing to implement such feature; and don't tell me it's to avoid motion-sickness or whatever because you obviously could make it an opt-in feature. Keep going the wrong way Meta!

Hopefully laying down feature should be coming soon going by this tweet.

https://twitter.com/SadlyItsBradley/status/1611538268373520385

Let's just hope they don't screw it up like "only for home environments®" or whatnot

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I’ve been getting a weird issue since v49. When I wake the headset, I often spawn far away from the normal home position, way outside of the home environment. It happens even more often in Link. This has been a real nuisance for development—I’m constantly in and out of the headset while working on and testing my Unity app, and many times a day, I launch my game and am immediately falling into the void because I’m outside of the map. When it happens, I have to exit Link and reconnect to get back to the proper home position (recentering myself in Link brings the menu to my location instead of bringing me back to the home position).

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

Qba73
Level 3

When is the Quest pro getting the January update that was promised in November, primarily the wifi6 fix?

I9 13900k @ 5.8ghz AC (water), Asus Z690 Apex, 64gb gskill 5600 DDR5, Aorus 4090 Waterforce @ 3ghz

AlphaEndgame
Level 3

Any news on the ability to disable the avatar arms? I want the ghost hands back. I have barely been using my device since the arms were introduced, I just can't deal with them.