These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of November 30th, 2021.
Cool, how can I trigger the cloud backup? I just got a new Quest 2 and want to backup my saves from Quest 1 and load onto Quest 2. I can see both devices on my account and I can confirm that cloud saves are enabled and the games I'm interested in support cloud backup, but there is no "last backup time" for any of the apps.
Many issues with quest.
1. when recording + microphone it throws out of link, not sure why, the steam game continue to run but have to enable link again and again.
2. what is the reason to add couch and desktop if you can't play seated on it? also to ask confirm when enter in it's area is ridiculous, we already should be able to map whole area and it must be done automatically with all objects, bed, table, monitor etc. It feels like Oculus is in Pampers state.
3. I want to see Quest battery percentage always even in game with some transparency maybe.
4. cloud saves, really? you have remember to add this feature just now, when Steam had it for years, not sure is this a coincidence but it was added after or before I talked on Telegram with my friend (see upper post).
5. additionally those messages in Quest home are preventing clicks on other things which are behind, would be good to move notifications in other areas somewhere on the side or below the dash menu.
6. almosty forgot, fix the charging over USB how it was on v23 of firmware plus the bandwidth was higher on old version, now it even drops below 1Gbps when connected to USB-A 3.1 port which say that it support up to 3A output in Asus motherboard manual but Quest draws 496mA which is very low, not sure if this is intentional but we can't afford to upgrade hardware, in our countries hardware components cost 3 to 4 times of prices in US just think of that.
In the post its mentioned only some iPhones are supported but on https://support.oculus.com/.../mobile-mixed-reality-camera all Android devices are already compatible.
I was very exited about his feature when reading about it.
Then I got diasppointed by the articles limiting it to iOS.
Then I have been very happy when I read the support page and gathered my family for testing it and finally got very annoyed because the required features are actuall not available in the Android app.
Can you please correct the information on the support section.
When will this be available for Android, and will it be limited to specific devices?
I've had v35 for a while due to joining the PTC, but today Cloud Backups finally appeared in my headset Settings menu. Having reviewed my backups on the Oculus website, it doesn't look like any apps have backed up yet. I guess that will happen in the background over time? It's at least cool that we can see what apps do and don't support the feature, as well as manage our backups. (This is something that has frustrated my in the past with Steam's cloud service--no way to manage it.)
Edit: I saw a comment on Reddit that Cloud backups happen overnight or in the morning, so I'll try leaving my Quest 2 charging and on standby tonight and see if I get some backups.
Edit 2: Last night between 9:10 and 9:14 EST, I got backups for 28 of my apps. The remaining eligible apps probably didn’t have any save data to back up; they’re either older games that I played on my Quest 1, or new games that I haven’t played yet. I have 6 games that are not eligible for backups: Cosmodread, Eleven Table Tennis, Demeo, SuperHot, Gorn, and Thumper, plus Virtual Desktop and a bunch of Oculus system stuff.
i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2
I seem to have a new UI on my Quest1 - Oculus acc
Quest2 - Faceta acc doesn't show new UI or seem to have any way of switching it on?
Q2 does not have the voice commands options neither,not in device/experimental?
Do these features come in dribs n drabs to each unit in various v35updates over time?
Do I need to reset headset?