cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of January 17th, 2022.

App Library

• Oculus first party apps are no longer pinned to the top of your App Library. Instead, you can control the order of your apps through your App Library’s sort + filter settings.

Link Sharpening+

• If it looks like your view in VR with Link is a little bit clearer, you’re right. We’ve improved the Link Sharpening algorithm for better visual clarity.

Stationary Guardian

• Stationary Guardian now uses Passthrough. When you move toward the edge of your Stationary Guardian, you won’t see the boundary outlines. Instead, Passthrough will fade in to show your real-life surroundings.

Horizon Home

• To help you explore your Horizon Home, you can now teleport to different designated areas in your Home environment.
    • Simply hide the Universal Menu by pressing the Oculus button, and press your controller thumbstick forward to see a set of potential hotspots. Then aim at one of the hotspots and release the thumbstick to teleport.
    • With the Universal Menu hidden, you can also press the thumbstick left or right to rotate in place.

Diagonal Resize

• To better control your VR workspace, you can now resize your app windows to different heights and widths. Initially, this will be supported in Browser, Oculus TV, and Files as well as some 2D multitasking apps currently available on Quest.

Display Bar

• To provide more flexibility in how 2D apps are displayed, you can now change the distance, scale, and rotation of your 2D app panels by using the Display Bar to switch between Tablet and Desktop modes.
    • To switch between panel types select and hold the Display Bar under the center panel, then drag the bar up or down.
    • We’re also making Browser tabs a bit smarter as part of this update. When you move between Desktop and Tablet modes, your Browser tabs will now consolidate into a single window to help keep your workspace neat and organized.

Tracked Keyboard Selection

• In v28, we made it possible to not just pair but see Logitech’s K830 keyboard in VR. Now we’re also adding support for the Apple Magic Keyboard on Quest 2.
  • You can pair your Apple Magic Keyboard with your headset under the Experimental Features panel in Settings. You’ll also need to enable hand tracking (if you haven’t already) which can be done under the Hands and Controllers settings menu.

Share to Headset

• If you’ve ever been browsing a made-for-VR art gallery on your phone and wished for a more immersive experience, we have you covered. In our latest sharing enhancement you’ll now be able to send a link directly from your phone to your Quest via the Oculus App, making that 3D view actually feel like you’re there.
    • To do this, first make sure your headset is turned on and Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. Then, open a website on your phone, click Share, choose the Oculus App → Open Now, select your headset, and it’ll automatically open in Browser when you put your headset on.
      • Please note: Currently this is only available on Android but will be coming to iOS soon.

Improved Quick Actions Menu

• Accomplish the basics quicker without needing controllers. You can now use a pinch gesture with your hands to bring up a quick action menu. This allows you to quickly do things like take a screenshot, activate voice commands and more.
    • To bring up the quick action menu, position your palm in front of your face and pinch with your thumb and index finger.

Redesigned Explore Page

• We’ve redesigned your Explore page to make it easier to find the experiences that you care about. To do this, we’ve made the following updates:
    • Adding cards that make it easier to find your friends.
    • Updating sections so you can discover the games, apps, and content that you care about.

Controller Settings

• We’re adding the ability to adjust your Touch controller settings not only to give power users more options, but also to improve accessibility and address issues that may arise with wear and tear.
    • The most recent setting addition for v37 is the ability to adjust the thumbstick center dead zone, as well as the thumbstick range. You can make these adjustments from the Experimental Settings section within the settings panel.
198 Comments
markwest76
Expert Protege

Link sharpening is only for Quest 2 and not Quest 1?

Quacklin
Protege

SystemUX crashes now in the environment selection menu, when standalone custom environments are installed 😭

GrittenVR
Protege

This was frequently reported in the v37 PTC threads.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GrittenVR and @Quacklin, this is on the team's radar and they're looking into it. 

DraculaX
Honored Guest

I can unfortunately confirm that the new standalone environments crash the SystemUX with FW 37 when you go into the Virtual environments tab. It is a pity that this has not been tested before. This will bring quite a mess with thousands of users 😔

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

This was identified during testing, and the team has been working on it. The most recent news from them is that there should be a fix coming soon. I'll let you know in here when I've got confirmation that it's deployed.

scientya
Explorer

There was someone guessing that all environments need a preview image now.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

For ease, I've opened up a new thread for this specific issue, you can find it here and please do follow it for updates. I'll post in there when there's a resolution. 

Rage_Wareham
Explorer

Hi, when can we invite friends to visit us inside home environment?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Ryanality  For link/Air Link users should we be opting into the oculus pc desktop app public beta v37 (which I have been doing) or is v37 now on final?  Thanks 

youkneekin
Explorer

Some nice new stuff! Noticed some features (notably the new quick actions menu) aren't available just yet (unless this is due to me participating in PTC and I need to wait for the prod update to be received on my headset)

Rage_Wareham
Explorer

I updated my quest 2 to v37 and now all the writing is blurred. Also not able to move around in home environment.

jnRYKYT.jpg

KayJay_EU
Explorer

I see the exact same issue @Rage_Wareham posted since the v37 update.

Please fix it as soon as possible because this is honestly very unpleasing to look at now.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@KayJay_EU  and @Rage_Wareham   If you people are seeing a blurry mess please send in a Bug Report to Oculus by following the instruction on this Link;

https://support.oculus.com/articles/contact-us/contact-us/report-a-bug-on-oculus

This is the only way that it will get looked at by Oculus Technical persons.  Personally, I don't see the blurry text and chromatic aberrations.  But, on the other hand, I don't see any improvements over v35 that v37 +Sharpening was supposed to give.  Thanks.

krillme
Protege

I've also received the latest v37 public release and this blurriness is still an issue!!! Totally heartbreaking, went from using my Quest religiously nearly 30 hours a week to only playing for maybe 20 minutes a week due to the eye strain.

Will submit another bug report to Oculus, considering some users are experiencing this and some aren't, I suspect maybe there's some kind of manufacturing difference between our headsets and theirs. There's just no way they coincidentally all don't notice the change, there must be something else up.

Chefschweisser
Explorer

So Sharpening + is only available for Link and not for Airlink? Thx in advance for your quick answer.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Chefschweisser  Should be for both, same as with ODT setting.

Fraise_des_bois
Explorer

Bonjour possible de l'avoir au format .zip pour adb Merci

AlexiTQ
Adventurer

When can we expect a fix for the long standing issues with Link?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the update and i see all the changes except for the moving around your Oculus environment. pressing the thumbstick does nothing sadly. whats going on?

Arxan
Explorer

This also happening to me, almost thought something was damaged. 

I do see better sharpening in quest Airlink though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirmed... the difference is small but noticeable (Q2).

Nice to see, that already good things getting better 😉

But there ist no movement in the standard virtual environments also.

Maybe "Horizon Home" means the home of "Horizon Worlds", started in the US?

@AlexiTQ Waht are your issues with (Air-)Link? Everything works very well...
(as with all public releases of the last months)

Also having a crisp an clear menu, of course.

Rage_Wareham
Explorer

I have started a new thread in the quest 2 section about the v37 update being blurred, if you have this problem remember to report the bug and you can leave a comment in the new thread so we know how many people this is affecting. Thanks.

Wizard_Jo
Explorer

I'm experiencing these exact same issue and I just got my headset at couple of weeks ago, just updated today

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for jumping in everyone! If you're having trouble after the v37 update where you're seeing things blurrier when using Link or Airlink, please add to and follow this thread that @Rage_Wareham put together. I've already passed it on to the team, and they're looking into it. I'll update that thread when there's some news.

krillme
Protege

Just to be clear, this is not happening on just Link or AirLink, this is system-wide. The Oculus OS menus and all apps are suffering from this blurriness. 

Rage_Wareham
Explorer

Agreed, this is not when I use any link, this is across all of home environment and inside apps.

AlexiTQ
Adventurer

@Anonymous 

Here's a major issue that's been ignored by Oculus since nov 2020.

White horizontal stripe across screen while using ... - Oculus Community - 848398 (oculusvr.com)

There are also long standing issues with crackling audio. Just google to see how widespread it is. 

Windows 11 support is still nowhere to be seen. It's been over 6 months since the first betas but Oculus "legendary engineering team" have still not figured things out.

Oculus Quest 2 Windows 11 Performance. can never h... - Oculus Community - 877003 (oculusvr.com)

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer

Installed oculus on my PC last night,v37.

Come to it this morn and it's on v35?????

I do not get a warning about my RTX3060ti any more though.........

v37 on both my quests 1&2 but the quest2 has the old UI/features still???

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

In other news, windows 11 is still not compatible with Oculus PC. It is also "on the radar".

CactusCowboy
Adventurer

@Ryanality wrote:

there should be a fix coming soon. 

If it takes as long as the Win 11 fix, are we talking about months or years?

Quacklin
Protege

I just noticed that since the update, the hand tracking quality is also back to the level of the first revisions.
If the hands come closer than 2 cm, both hands are hidden.
With V35 overlapping and touching of hands and fingers was possible without problems.

HasanAbisi
Honored Guest

How do I adjust the thumb sticks? I see a set left and set right but nothing of changing adjusting the deadzone

MustacheEmperor
Explorer

I am also experiencing this issue but it is all the time. It is not an airlink or link specific issue, it was obvious to me the moment I started the headset and the edges of everything on the menu in home are also blurry.

I noticed the oculus rep on reddit also seemed to think this is a link/airlink issue in some of their comments. It is an issue across the device for me.

Captain.Luds
Expert Protege

There should be updates every odd hour or an emergency patch or rollback. I am so sick of substandard software deployments with lack of testing. If there are hardware differences between devices causing this mishap there NEEDS to be a FW rollback mechanism. I do not know how much stronger I can put it: its amateurish.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Captain.Luds , I just deleted your last post targeted at one of the other users. You're welcome to disagree, but not insult other users. Everyone must remain friendly with other members of the community and follow the rules of the board. 
The team is hard at work on getting this issue resolved, but let's keep the discussion in one thread please, there's no need to jump to each of them, it just makes the forums and discussion harder to follow. As soon as there's a fix, I'll update the main thread for the issue so everyone knows. 

krillme
Protege

I know you can't give an ETA on the update, but may I ask if updates are worked on or released during weekends?

Obviously it would be ideal but probably unrealistic to have this fixed before the weekend, so I'm just curious if work will continue until it's done, or if the whole team gets weekends off and work will resume on Monday.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

There are software folks working over the weekend and around the clock too, but I don't know what tasks they're on specifically. They're working hard on getting a fix out though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were on it over the weekend.

krillme
Protege

That's great news. Even if it doesn't get fixed before or on the weekend it's relieving to know there is a chance, and progress will still be made during the weekend.

Captain.Luds
Expert Protege

Minimalistic expectations to appear friendly is not helping this situation. We need corrective action. One of which is to have the ability as user to roll back updates to the previous version. Even if that meant exclusion from online play or such due to version mismatch. At least people affected could use the device in limited form until a fix is released. Right now its literally not usable for me. Your mileage may vary.

Captain.Luds
Expert Protege

Gotcha.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Captain.Luds  Did you try a factory reset?  Could be a problem with the firmware update process.

krillme
Protege

Factory reset will not solve the problem, this has already been proven. This is an issue with the latest firmware and firmware doesn't rollback or uninstall when performing a factory reset.

Hundreds of users are encountering this problem and not only has Oculus confirmed this is a problem, Oculus has confirmed they're aware of the problem, and Oculus has confirmed they're working on a fix. This is undeniably a real problem, and there is nothing anybody here can do to mitigate the problem until Oculus releases a patch.

Captain.Luds raises a great point, the ability to rollback updates (or even just leave PTC and return to normal firmware) would be greatly appreciated.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@krillme  Ya if you are on PTC you are stuck with it.  I’ve opted out now so I guess I’ll need to wait for v38, lol!  Fortunately I don’t see to have any issues so far with my 64Gb Q2.  I wonder if 128Gb is having more issues?  Cheers mate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank's for make things better understandable...

To each single points:

- horizontal stripes: reset device or it's an defective device

- crackling audio: reset device or it's an defective device

- win11 support: take it with a grin of salt... many things go worse with win11 

There are millons devices out there so there are "many" problems also.

My experience with the support: straight forward, relacing every part, if it's confirmed!
(but be kindful, have patience and they will help you)

And keep in mind - I'm coming out of  germany.

hillfolk23
Honored Guest
  • 90Hz mode is constantly crashing since update while I try to create a guardian
  • Tracking Lost keeps popping up and then black screen and then home screen and then Tracking Lost appears again
stevelup
Honored Guest

May I ask what the point is of the PTC if issues that are raised weeks ago are not addressed before the update is released?

It does seem to completely defeat the point of having such a test channel if you then go live with intrusive known problems, then promise to scrabble over a weekend to resolve!

siesar
Explorer

Hi
Please note that I have never detected the color problems even in the first beta of V37.
About a week ago I received a second update to V37 and I thought I could test the new features described in this post.
How come I can't find any of the new features?
I also wanted to test the groom in my home, but it is not there. How is it possible to activate these new features?
It's like the two updates in V37 in my Oculus Quest 2 are not there even though they were installed....
All the same as V35.
Is there a reason why I can't try V37?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

GrittenVR
Protege

If ever lol.

I've been posting on the other thread frequently and have a ticket open. Despite the Oculus support generally being really good, they basically ignore anything to do with Windows 11. No updates. No info. No workarounds (other than those found by customers). Silence and standard "rollback to Win 10" (which isn't always possible to do).

BastiaanTalsma
Explorer

Is there anyway to revert to version 36? this update sucks hard my q2 is unusable link is non fuctional and the home environment is a blurry mess.