cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of January 17th, 2022.

App Library

• Oculus first party apps are no longer pinned to the top of your App Library. Instead, you can control the order of your apps through your App Library’s sort + filter settings.

Link Sharpening+

• If it looks like your view in VR with Link is a little bit clearer, you’re right. We’ve improved the Link Sharpening algorithm for better visual clarity.

Stationary Guardian

• Stationary Guardian now uses Passthrough. When you move toward the edge of your Stationary Guardian, you won’t see the boundary outlines. Instead, Passthrough will fade in to show your real-life surroundings.

Horizon Home

• To help you explore your Horizon Home, you can now teleport to different designated areas in your Home environment.
    • Simply hide the Universal Menu by pressing the Oculus button, and press your controller thumbstick forward to see a set of potential hotspots. Then aim at one of the hotspots and release the thumbstick to teleport.
    • With the Universal Menu hidden, you can also press the thumbstick left or right to rotate in place.

Diagonal Resize

• To better control your VR workspace, you can now resize your app windows to different heights and widths. Initially, this will be supported in Browser, Oculus TV, and Files as well as some 2D multitasking apps currently available on Quest.

Display Bar

• To provide more flexibility in how 2D apps are displayed, you can now change the distance, scale, and rotation of your 2D app panels by using the Display Bar to switch between Tablet and Desktop modes.
    • To switch between panel types select and hold the Display Bar under the center panel, then drag the bar up or down.
    • We’re also making Browser tabs a bit smarter as part of this update. When you move between Desktop and Tablet modes, your Browser tabs will now consolidate into a single window to help keep your workspace neat and organized.

Tracked Keyboard Selection

• In v28, we made it possible to not just pair but see Logitech’s K830 keyboard in VR. Now we’re also adding support for the Apple Magic Keyboard on Quest 2.
  • You can pair your Apple Magic Keyboard with your headset under the Experimental Features panel in Settings. You’ll also need to enable hand tracking (if you haven’t already) which can be done under the Hands and Controllers settings menu.

Share to Headset

• If you’ve ever been browsing a made-for-VR art gallery on your phone and wished for a more immersive experience, we have you covered. In our latest sharing enhancement you’ll now be able to send a link directly from your phone to your Quest via the Oculus App, making that 3D view actually feel like you’re there.
    • To do this, first make sure your headset is turned on and Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. Then, open a website on your phone, click Share, choose the Oculus App → Open Now, select your headset, and it’ll automatically open in Browser when you put your headset on.
      • Please note: Currently this is only available on Android but will be coming to iOS soon.

Improved Quick Actions Menu

• Accomplish the basics quicker without needing controllers. You can now use a pinch gesture with your hands to bring up a quick action menu. This allows you to quickly do things like take a screenshot, activate voice commands and more.
    • To bring up the quick action menu, position your palm in front of your face and pinch with your thumb and index finger.

Redesigned Explore Page

• We’ve redesigned your Explore page to make it easier to find the experiences that you care about. To do this, we’ve made the following updates:
    • Adding cards that make it easier to find your friends.
    • Updating sections so you can discover the games, apps, and content that you care about.

Controller Settings

• We’re adding the ability to adjust your Touch controller settings not only to give power users more options, but also to improve accessibility and address issues that may arise with wear and tear.
    • The most recent setting addition for v37 is the ability to adjust the thumbstick center dead zone, as well as the thumbstick range. You can make these adjustments from the Experimental Settings section within the settings panel.
198 Comments
bowman9991
Protege

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried that, and also set up a separate WIFI connection for Airlink (2.4 and 5htz).

No luck unfortunately. 

BiteRAWR
Explorer

is Hang after link is also v37 new feature? because my pcvr hang after the the v37 update

BiteRAWR
Explorer

you identify but still release it?

L00M1B0TEXE
Honored Guest

My Oculus Quest 2 Menu bar has became smaller and i don't know how to fix it after the update was installed

NoctemCreations
Protege

yeah you cant resize the universal bar. and the fact all menus are now on the explore window instead of being attached to the universal menu bar. is horrendous

NoctemCreations
Protege

@Ryanality please tell me whoever your QA testers are cause they really need firing..... this update amongst others have been absolute trash. and being owned by multi-billion dollar company and having millions of dollars funded to you every year. employ some better staff. and also actually listen to your userbase. literally for the past 2 years people have been asking for basic features like app pinning. either to the universal bar or to the explore window for easier app launching. even the fact if we select sort apps by installed. then turning off device and turning it back on should start it back in installed sorting but no. come on and sort your updates and your QA testers out. !

Fraise_des_bois
Explorer
normal tablet mode and activate
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried that, and also set up a separate WIFI connection for Airlink (2.4 and 5htz).

No luck unfortunately. 

@bowman9991  Also make sure to turn off band steering.

Fraise_des_bois
Explorer

Normal Firmware 223101005873

com.oculus.shellenv-20220129-225947.jpg

Fraise_des_bois
Explorer

tablette firmware 223101005873

com.oculus.shellenv-20220129-230116.jpg

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Where is the setting?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Probably another update rollout (firmware 223101005873) most have not seen yet.  I'm on the PTC with my Q2 and have not even seen this yet.

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

Edit: ...ya, looks like a good idea to stay away from updating the Quest 2. Why is this firmware update even available? No one wants a blurry Quest 2.

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

I already on 223101005873 without PTC. Seb05500 is talking about just moveable app screen & universal menu? I can use that. My question is what/where is normal tablet mode.

BTW...

1. I can move app screen/universal menu, but no diagonal resize (even horizontal/vertical resize of previous version) now. The store is too long horizontally and difficult to use. 😫

2. I'm not happy that I can't completely separate app screen from universal menu. Need attach & detach function.

3. I want tilt adjustment.

IIAIronWolf
Explorer

I just got the v37 update, which was done without my knowledge or permission. When I went to use the Quest 2, the controllers vibrated when picked up as usual, but only my hands would work. I had to restart the Quest 2 twice before the controllers finally connected and then I was met with my guardian boundary and no menu to confirm the boundary. I then had to turn off the Quest 2 and turn it back on to get to the menu to confirm and enter the Oculus. 
The new hand gesture menu is extremely fuzzy, there are features listed in these release notes that are missing from my device, there is no longer two separate windows, one on the dash and one in the background (i.e., I can't pull up my applications while the store is open in the window behind it, as before. And I believe my device is also one suffering from a downgrade in video quality although link sharpening was supposed to make it better. This was all found within 20 minutes of use after the update. I stopped using my device after because I was annoyed, so I'm sure there are more issues I just haven't encountered yet.
Please make your releases ask the user when they want to update. If I had an option, I would not have updated, as I had been seeing these issues all over social media.

IIAIronWolf
Explorer

It wasn't even an option for me. When I tried to use my Quest 2 today it had automatically updated. -___-

Banana4Bananas
Heroic Explorer

It's an online service device, you don't and won't get the choice to update or not.

IIAIronWolf
Explorer

I get the option on my Xbox and many other online service devices. Developers can always stipulate that certain things will not work if you do not update, without forcing you to update. 👍

Banana4Bananas
Heroic Explorer

You also don't need an Internet connection to setup an Xbox like you do the Quest. They won't do it, vast majority of players play online connected games/Apps and they aren't going to try to cater support to a broad amount of varying software versions. Forced updates is the simplest way to keep everyone at the same level and since it's an android device it's also the best way to prevent rooting

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Unfortunately, force update isn't simple in Meta's case. The timing of the auto installation varies greatly from person to person, and when we check update manually we'll usually get a message "no update" even update is available (this is so annoying), and because updates aren't installed all at once (rolling update), often resulting in missing functionality. Some people never gets all functions. Our system aren't the same. 🙄

IIAIronWolf
Explorer

We are not talking about setting up anything. These are running devices that don't need a forced update. It's not simple to force update; It's exactly the same as prompting the user, just like the Xbox does in order for you to access Xbox live, to prompt to run the update or lose access to online gaming. You have nothing constructive to say, so we are done here.

Banana4Bananas
Heroic Explorer

They aren't going to care to spend resources catering support to people who refuse updates and are on older firmware than what's pushed out. That's is simple as it is, they have PTC and release firmware And while yes they release in waves instead of bogging down the system with millions of downloads at once it's also so they catch issues before it hits everyone. It works and it's definitely easier on devs including game devs to only have to a limited firmware/software version set. In regards to Xbox it was always designed with no network connection required in mind but it and Quest are totally different ecosystem designs so the comparison is eh. With all that in mind the Quest is an android device and at the bare minimum they lock you into forced updates to prevent system rooting, which would be great to do but I understand why they don't want any chance of that happening

Fraise_des_bois
Explorer
résolution clarté netteté de l'image parfaite enfin
272240059_715836799380929_2297367007384458559_n.jpg
tanubon
Heroic Explorer

I notice that moveable app screen position won't be saved..

EDIT: Oops, It's my mistake. Sorry.

LipeB0ss
Explorer

THIS. Freaking listen to this, "Oculus"... 1 year owning this "Quest 2" VR headset with a GARBAGE OS in it. V35 broke the rendering on my Q2, I complained and they removed me from PTC. Waiting 1 month for the V37 hotfix to go out. Dear lord, I HATE Meta.

I ASKED SUPPORT FOR HELP, THEY SAID THAT IN ORDER TO HELP ME, THEY NEEDED ALL OF THIS:
"Full name, shipping address and phone number" Ok. I might now want to receive a call or unwanted visitors at my home, but that could be for cross-checking if I'm a legit user, right? I du no...
"Preferred email address to receive labels" Ok but... Label? What for? I ain't returning an unit because of a software fix being needed.
"Oculus username and/or email address associated with your account" Ok?
"Headset serial number" in case mine's one of many that have some kind of problem they already know of? Otherwise, ask it in the end. Again: SOFTWARE, WIDE SPREAD PROBLEM. They already fixed it but aren't sending it to normal users yet...
"Unit serial number" Serial number + also unit number?
"Retail receipt or invoice including item, retailer, price, and date -OR- Oculus order number" Dear lord... SOFTWARE WIDE SPREAD PROBLEM. WHY'D THEM NEED THIS ALL... WTH!

IF SOMEONE CREATES A HACKED OS THAT KILLS EVERYTHING "META" ON THE QUEST 2, AND MAKES IT A PCVR OPTIMISED SIMPLE STR8 AIO-PRODUCT, I'LL INSTALL IT ASAP.  I'll pay DOUBLE for my next PCVR headset, if that means NO META in my Oculus Quest. 

LipeB0ss
Explorer

This is what happened to me when I got into V35 and everything basic got wonky or broken. 

LipeB0ss
Explorer

People haven't learnt with Windows updates? To the point of defending automatic updates in ANY system... Is just brain melting. Some people whould even try to defend the mustache-guy from 1940-something if he came back. But... Defending automatic updates... is worse than that in my opinion. 

bowman9991
Protege

Fixed now. I unsubscribed from the public test channel and then went back in and all is working again (very odd). Unless there has been an update to v37 in the last 24 hours?

L00M1B0TEXE
Honored Guest

Where do I find that at

Fraise_des_bois
Explorer
Please when you talk about V
37 specify the full version Thank you.

Fraise_des_bois
Explorer

272191794_1019633725255674_2762153566886970993_n.jpg

MysterySteve
Explorer

I don't know if anyone see this, but when this update was pushed, a Link problem I had a while ago has returned. This is a problem with it just straight up disconnecting randomly and sometimes having to take several steps to reconnect. I have replaced both the Link cable I was using and the extension cable both at least once, and this kind of stuff only happens once an update like this happens.

As of right now, since this update, using Link and expecting it to work for more than 15 minutes is a gamble at best.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got this update at 26th... retail channel of course:

v37.1 (26.01.2022)
* ???

- Version: 37,0,0,147,109,346379382
- Runtime: 37,0,0,147,110,346379395
- OS Vers: user-22310100587300000

No word on what was fixed... but everything works like it should.

Got no battery draining... not more as always 😉

Also charging works... 10% in round about 10min or 1.5h for a full charge.
(original link cable attached to virtual link port of my RTX 2080)

Fraise_des_bois
Explorer

- Version : 37,0,0,147,109,346379382
- Exécution : 37,0,0,147,110,346379395
- Version du système d'exploitation : user-22310100587300000

Aucun mot sur ce qui a été corrigé... mais tout fonctionne comme il se doit.

Yess Perfect 👍👍👍

siesar
Explorer

Hi Oculus_RyanS
I have seen an issue or bug in V37 when in Horizon Workroom I try to load the logo, I always see this image:

com.facebook.workrooms-20220201-091125.jpg

Instead other people with V35 see all of the same image.

v37.0.0.147 completely broke our App!

The App stays completely black now after startup, which is REALLY unfortunate since our build is waiting in the AppLab review queue already for more than two weeks!

were there any changes to the graphics drivers in v37.0.0.147 (since it seems to be the OpenGL ES context that crashes) and is this a known problem that is being worked on already?

Ianos_07
Protege

@matthias_buehlmann We kinda have issue too can you give me more context on that OpenGL crash to see if it is related

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Oh, I notice there are diagonal resize & phone/desktop mode now. 😂

And...

• When can we set "installded" as default in library? What's the difficulty of that?
  • I hope graphics engineers rebuild Link Sharpening. Current Link Sharpening looks like unsharp mask. I don't know the technical details, but Virtual Desktop's sharpening (AMD's contrast adaptive sharpening?) is sharper & cleaner. And need controlable Link Sharpening. Only ON/OFF is bad. TBH, they need to rebuild Link itself though. Link uses much much much more VRAM than VD. VD uses only 500MB even on ultra setting. But Link uses over 2.5GB. Zero optimization? 🤔😩

Does that VRAM always get allocated, even when running a standalone app? How did you trace that VRAM allocation of Link?

TechnoStone
Explorer

Sort by Dedicated GPU memory in Task Manager (Add column by right mouse click)

Taskmgr_jKAKJW8JEk.png

By the way it really uses too much VRAM even with minimized Dash (screenshot was made blindly via hotkey)

Oh okay, I thought you meant on-device VRAM

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @matthias_buehlmann, I'll also let the developer support folks know. What's the name of the App that you're working with? You can PM me directly if you'd prefer not to say publicly on the board here.

Captain.Luds
Expert Protege

Hello again!

I hate to break it to you folks, but in the end I succumbed and DID the factory reset. And gues what: THe CA has almost completely vanished Not as sharp but CA is deffo almost gone. Secondly I found my Oculus menu when in game has now a different layout and some features are now available. It is sketchy however and it appears we are left to beta test an update, that should have undergone probably around 3 more months of proper testing and bugfixing. Bad Meta, very bad! Your lack of responsiveness is not helping either. We had ONE fix in 3 weeks and that one was slapped together at best. Pull you fingers out Meta and get this fixed already. This is embarassing!

krillme
Protege

I personally factory resetted twice before 147 and it didn't fix anything, after 147 everything was much clearer so I did a factory reset and it didn't get any clearer than before. So I don't know what to say other than from my personal experience I factory reseted 3 times with no improvement.

Captain.Luds
Expert Protege

I believe you 100%. This problem-that is my gut feel-is caused by too diverse hardware components across different production cycles being used. Effectively making this a very difficult task to fix. What I just cannot get is why they cannot roll back for all users. It is just ridiculous.

Captain.Luds
Expert Protege

No idea why my other comment with the stack-trace got removed. But anyway, to me it looks like the 37.0.0.147 update made changes to the shader compiler of the graphics driver and the shader compiler now crashes on certain (valid) shader code.

Ianos_07
Protege

I am digging through this too so lets share any progress in DM

LipeB0ss
Explorer

As for me, my Q2 now sometimes beeps the "disconnection" sound, and sometimes shows a warning saying "your Air Link got disconnected, check your bla bla bla" BUT in reality, nothing was disconnected and it's running just fine. Seems like a false-positive for some Air Link problem of fps drop. 
**bleep**, stuff is going to BS at "Meta" since they changed the name...

sandrenso
Honored Guest

Hello,

Before I had a problem when updating to Windows 11 that games played with Air link and Steam VR was stuttering. It worked fine on Windows 10. Then the solution was to open Oculus debug tool and click "Toogle console window visibility" as is explained in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZsyR6iIJ-4&t=0s

I did what was shown in the video and the problem was fixed and my experience was smooth again with no stuttering when playing Steam VR games. The problem is now I think Facebook have updated the Oculus app or firmware because the solution doesn´t work anymore and the stuttering is back. The solution to open Oculus debug tool and click "Toogle console window visibility" doesn´t work anymore. There was also a solution that you could change audio from Oculus Headset to another Audio source that worked before but doesn´t work anymore either.

Another video where you could change audio to fix stuttering problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGPcsT0EDSU&ab_channel=shmoky

I also tested downgrade to Windows 10 and the stuttering is still happening so it isn´t a Windows 11 related problem anymore. There is something that changed in the latest firmware or software that made Airlink start to stutter. Can you please look into it so it is fixed. I have talked to several people with the same problem and urge you to send these videos and problem forward to the oculus team so they can fix them once and for all.

My computer specs are:
OS: Windows 11 (Also tested downgrade to Windows 10 stuttering was still happening)
CPU: AMD 5900X
Ram: 64 gb ram
Motherboard: B550 Rog Strix Wifi
Graphic card: Asus TUF 3080
Router: ASUS RT-AX82U

Thanks!