cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Monday's oculus runtime 1.3 release support DK2?

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer
Thanks!

Soz if this has been posted elsewhere.
45 REPLIES 45

rafepurnell
Honored Guest
Available now

Walkyrje
Explorer
Dont fint the runtime. inside the folders.

EPICEVANG3
Honored Guest

Walkyrje said:

Dont fint the runtime. inside the folders.

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

Xabyos
Honored Guest
OK, downloaded the setup ran it. Oculus 1.3 does NOT support DK2.
I'm very disapointed.

Xabyos
Honored Guest

Mradr said:

Short answer is: Yes it will.

No it doesn't

wheatgrinder
Explorer
played most the free stuff on my DK2, including lucy's tale.  All worked fine.  

Walkyrje
Explorer
worked like  charm on dk2.  Only thing i have project cars on steam and it,s not working anny more.

n8rockerasu
Protege

Walkyrje said:

worked like  charm on dk2.  Only thing i have project cars on steam and it,s not working anny more.

I hope that's just a matter of them needing to update the runtime for the Steam version and not what I've been fearful of....compatible games being exclusive to the Oculus store (ie. needing their "version"). The prospect of Facebook/Oculus closing the door on open development and integration is what scared me out of pre-ordering the CV1.

I own a GearVR...and while it's a great device, the hoops you have to jump through just to watch a Youtube video or play a rollercoaster game are disheartening. And I say this as somebody who was on board with the DK1 and DK2 immediately. But somewhere along the way, things started to get a little murky. Still pulling for Oculus though...since they're the ones who got the VR ball rolling to begin with.

Anonymous
Not applicable
DK2 working for me. I had to skip some of the steps in setup, but Home came up no problem! Awesome! Looking forward to sampling some games before CV1 arrives. Haven't tried DK1 yet...

Jorgensen
Explorer
well it does not seem to work here 😞

t0hqe3va0t91.png