cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Monday's oculus runtime 1.3 release support DK2?

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer
Thanks!

Soz if this has been posted elsewhere.
45 REPLIES 45

jherico
Adventurer

Xabyos said:

Mradr said:

Short answer is: Yes it will.

No it doesn't

Why do you say that?  I was playing Blaze Rush on my DK2 this morning.
Brad Davis - Developer for High Fidelity Co-author of Oculus Rift in Action

Inscothen
Explorer
Is there anyway to setup housing distance or which eyecups? I don't see anything.

Jorgensen
Explorer
well i downloaded and installed the "Oculus Software" - that might be wrong?
i then downloaded the 1.3 sdk "ovr_sdk_win_1.3.0_public.zip", but there is no install files 😕

how can one use 1.3? do i need to go back to 0.8?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can get apps in Oculus Home to run fine with my DK2. Other apps I have created prior to today run but will not initialize my DK2. "Unknown Source" is enabled in Oculus Home settings.

Ybalrid
Expert Protege
It says it's not compatbile on top of Home (both the 2D and VR interfaces) yet Home itself is runing in VR for me. I'm downlading Lucky's Tale just to see.

@Jorgensen the SDK .zip only contains libraries. It's peices of code the developer needs to have to make Rift compatible content.
CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3 Developer at LIV

MyDreamOR
Explorer
Using the 0.8 Runtime, my DK2 was recognized by everything. Switching to 1.2 SDK Runtime, only Oculus store and OculusWorldDemo recognize the DK2.

SteamVR and other VR products don't seem to even recognize the DK2 as being connected, but they did with 0.8. This means the new product we're trying to develop is 100% unavailable to me with the DK2, only our one CV1 can be used. Which for me, the remote QA lead, freakin sucks. 

Unless.... does anyone know if the 0.8 runtime is fine to run 1.3 SDK products?

JohnnyChaos
Honored Guest
I'm finding the DK2 head tracking in some games very slightly off. like it's not quite moving as far as I am. Jaunt VR was particularly noticeable.

Anyone know what the deal is with no IPD setting? I've had double vision before from playing VR without calibrating

Ybalrid
Expert Protege
@JohnnyChaos Well, the software is intended for CV1 and CV1 deals with IPD with an hadware slider that shift the lens-screen assembly
CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3 Developer at LIV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did anybody find some documentation how to port 0.8.0 codes to the 1.0.3 SDK ? I see simple recompilation with new heders is non functional 😞 . And the list of the rejected/renamed commands in the documentation is not complete .... ovrGLTexture is undefined, ovrTexture is undefined,ovrEyeRenderDesc does not contain HmdToEyeViewOffset .... e.t.c e.t.c ...

WHERE IS SOME PORTING MANUAL ? I do not want to analyze the new samples command after command again as when poritng from previsou versions ....

acarrilho
Explorer
So, I have the DK2, and I uninstalled the previous runtime and ran the setup. Home is running perfectly, except with no way to click on anything. Then I installed Henry and ran it (not through Home, obviously), and it ran perfectly. :smile: So far so good.
G3258 @4.4MHz GTX970 8GB RAM Windows 7 64