cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Oculus Audio and Unity 5.4

Colton-Vitruviu
Protege
Hey All,

We were previously using Oculus Audio SDK 1.0.1 with Unity 5.3.3p1. After upgrading to Unity 5.4 and reading some docs on Oculus and Unity  it seems like the only benefit from downloading the SDK from Oculus is configurable room reflections, is this correct? Our game is a fairly large open world platformer so for most, if not all of our audio sources we have disabled reflections anyways. Our game is also cross platform with Vive and PSVR, should we be using the Oculus spatializer that comes with 5.4 or download a new one? Will either even work?

Summary of questions:
1. Do we really need to download Oculus Audio SDK 1.0.4 for Unity 5.4 or can I remove all previous files (i.e. ONSPAudioSource.cs)? Will I notice a difference if all sources are disable reflections anyways?
2. Will either (Unitys' Oculus native spatializer or SDK 1.0.4) work on Vive or PSVR?

Cheers,
Colton
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ProfessorTroy
Adventurer
1. You don't really need to use it no. You probably won't notice a difference, however I risk the wrath of audiophiles with juiced up headphones with that statement. 

2. Both should work with Vive and PSVR yes. 

Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ProfessorTroy
Adventurer
1. You don't really need to use it no. You probably won't notice a difference, however I risk the wrath of audiophiles with juiced up headphones with that statement. 

2. Both should work with Vive and PSVR yes. 

Cheers!

sneakSounds
Honored Guest
Hello there I've been developing on Gear VR & Rift for a while now and we're about to move onto PSVR as well. However, there doesn't seem to be a package in the SDK for PS4, can you explain the integration please?