cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wwise + Unity 2019 Spatializer support timeline/roadmap - Audio SDK

DigitalLab01
Honored Guest
Hi, 
We are currently using Wwise 2018.1.9 with Unity 2018 successfully with Quest+Rift-S (has been an awesome combination actually).  I want to access some of the 2019 Wwise features (wwise motion primarily for controller haptics). Is there a plan to move over to 2019 this year? you only seem to have Wwise2018.1 in the latest 1.41 update. Have a bunch of projects lined up so would appreciate a quick response so i can look for other solutions if not.  Cheers!
5 REPLIES 5

DigitalLab01
Honored Guest
Ok so this one is resolved for the moment. Turns out the WWISE motion support was already in 2018, the documentation was pretty rubbish.  Have it all working for the moment 🙂

SebSound
Honored Guest
Further to this, the Oculus Audio Spatializer Plugin for Wwise doesn't work in Wwise 2019.2.0.  The Wwise editor finds the mixer plugin, but then if you try to open the plugin parameter window, it says the plugin is not installed.

It used to work (to a point) in Wwise 2019.1.3, but from my experience it's looking like it's incompatible with later versions of Wwise.

When can we expect the Oculus Spatializer to support Wwise 2019?

Thanks.

Beasto23
Honored Guest
I'm having the same results with Wwise 2019.2.1, hoping there's an update soon!

rib
Protege
I've also just found I was unable to use the latest Oculus plugin with Wwise 2019.2.2.7275:

Time    ID    Message    Parameters
Error    20:50:56    PluginMgr_PluginUnsupportedVersion    Plug-in library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2019.2.2.7275\Authoring\x64\Release\bin\Plugins\OculusSpatializerWwise.dll' could not be loaded. Version is not supported: 2015.1 < 2018.1. The specified procedure could not be found.

Error    20:50:56    PluginMgr_PluginWontRegister    Plug-in library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2019.2.2.7275\Authoring\x64\Release\bin\Plugins\OculusSpatializerWwise.dll' could not be loaded. Plug-in won't register because g_pAKPluginList not found. The specified procedure could not be found.

Error    21:01:18    PluginMgr_PluginUnsupportedVersion    Plug-in library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2019.2.2.7275\Authoring\x64\Release\bin\Plugins\OculusSpatializerWwise.dll' could not be loaded. Version is not supported: 2015.1 < 2018.1. The specified procedure could not be found.

Error    21:01:18    PluginMgr_PluginWontRegister    Plug-in library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2019.2.2.7275\Authoring\x64\Release\bin\Plugins\OculusSpatializerWwise.dll' could not be loaded. Plug-in won't register because g_pAKPluginList not found. The specified procedure could not be found.

Error    21:01:18    PluginMgr_PluginUnsupportedVersion    Plug-in library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2019.2.2.7275\Authoring\x64\Release\bin\Plugins\OculusSpatializerWwise.dll' could not be loaded. Version is not supported: 2015.1 < 2018.1. The specified procedure could not be found.

Error    21:01:18    PluginMgr_PluginWontRegister    Plug-in library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise 2019.2.2.7275\Authoring\x64\Release\bin\Plugins\OculusSpatializerWwise.dll' could not be loaded. Plug-in won't register because g_pAKPluginList not found. The specified procedure could not be found.
It would be good if the documentation could at least clarify what is the most recent 2019+ version of Wwise that is supported since the docs do claim that the 2018 plugin works with Wwise 2019.

@SebSound I wonder what you meant by the "(to a point)" caveat in your earlier message - did the plugin not actually work correctly with 2019.1.3?

I wonder if it'd be better to file support tickets to raise issues like
this considering that it's not clear if anyone at Oculus has seen this
thread?

SebSound
Honored Guest
I stopped checking this thread for updates, so I'm really sorry for not replying sooner.

For some reason, you need to install the Wwise SDK, then copy the Spatializer plugin files to your Wwise plugins folder.  You should also copy the three '.h' files from the Spatializer Include folder into your SDK\Include\AK\Plugin folder.  This magical (possibly superstitous) sequence gets the Spatializer working in Wwise for me.  

I've yet to hear the room reverb working in Wwise, but at least the HRTF stuff works now.