cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All avatars appearing as translucent white columns (Unity/Go)

JoeS2018
Protege
I'm trying to get started with the Avatars SDK on Oculus Go using Unity 2018.2.15.  I have the latest version of the Oculus Integration plug-in (1.34).  I have filled in my app ID, and my app can successfully use other platform services (such as VoIP).  But when I run any of the samples, the avatars appear as translucent white columns, sometimes accompanied by pink blobs that may be hands.  Here's an example from the Avatar Gallery sample:

6ib0y118y2ei.jpg

Any idea what's gone wrong here?  How do I get avatars to appear actual avatars?

11 REPLIES 11

Ross_Beef
Heroic Explorer
Wondering if there’s some Vulkan incompatibility at play. It’s a different issue to something we saw come up recently, but maybe worth a shot..

Try disabling Auto Graphics API in android player settings>other settings and removing everything except OpenGLES3 from the Graphics API's.

JoeS2018
Protege
Aha!  I had OpenGLES2 above OpenGLES3 in my graphics API list.  :# Forcing OpenGL3 made it work!
ngbg0bgm4m1a.jpg
Placement of the hands is still a little weird, and clearly the camera isn't quite where the designer probably intended, but these are minor issues I'm sure I can deal with.

Thanks for all the help!