cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expressive update - head no longer affected by light

EranJordan
Explorer
Hello,
We just updated to the newest SDK version following the expressive update.
I noticed that while every other part of the avatar is affected by light, the head remains unchanged. This is unlike the previous version we used.
Is this intentional? If not, what could possibly cause this behaviour?

Unity 2018.2.15f1, OVRPlugin 1.3.6, Targeting Go (but happens in editor too)

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

EranJordan
Explorer
It seems that the head stays in the "Default" layer. Changing the light to work on the default layer makes the head affected by light. I don't know why that is, as every renderpart is in the layer I assigned it.

cloud_canvas
Expert Protege
There's lots of quirky differences between Avatars 1.5 and Expressive and you seem to have identified another one. Similar story: I was using a Projector to decal some stuff onto the Avatars and they stopped working because the Layers that the child components were assigned to were arbitrarily different at runtime.
I just went through a few days of retrofitting my integration because I can no longer take the pre-existing transform hierarchy for granted. I was just dropping modifications directly into the head and the hand transforms and stuff but now I have to write scripts that tack those things on afterward and it's a real PITA.

Samsung Galaxy S8 (Snapdragon 835), Gear VR (2017), Oculus Go (64GB), Unity 2018.3.14f1

Ross_Beef
Heroic Explorer
Thanks @EranJordan for flagging. We've fixed a bug with tagging which caused lighting to not be applied reliably. This should be fixed in 1.39.