cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FIX] Avatar body mesh not appearing/loading in Unity Oculus GO.

treeviewstudios
Protege
I have been fighting with a bug on the Oculus GO where the the body of the avatar was not loading, it threw many errors related to OpenGL and Textures.

If anyone has this bug, what i did to fix it was force it to not combine meshes editing the OvrAvatar.cs class.

Also set the textures in Avatar/Content/Textures to
1) Read/Write enabled
2) Generate MipMaps
3) Border MipMaps

If anyone has it please comment so we know its not a project specific.
8 REPLIES 8

treeviewstudios
Protege
6481602kuzkv.png

and use this OvrAvatar 
CombineMeshes breaks avatars.
https://pastebin.com/mBFHDMdK

panayot_cankov
Protege
Same here. The workaround you've provided fixed the issues at our side. Please note we are using Unity 2018.3.0f2  while the Oculus Integration explicitly states:

Due to an incompatibility with the Oculus Integration and all Unity 2018.3.x versions, we do not recommend upgrading to any 2018.3.x Unity Editor version.

Maybe it is something related to changes in the new Unity version, it would be nice if we get Oculus Integration working with the new Unity version we need that new prefabs workflow.

treeviewstudios
Protege
@"panayot.cankov"  +1 happiness for helping someone on the forum 🙂

Metal_Multiball
Heroic Explorer
@treeviewstudios this just happened to me when upgrading Oculus Unity Integration 1.39 on Unity 2019.2
Thank you for the solution.
+ 1 happiness

GigaSora
Expert Protege
Happened to me as well. Same fix, forcing combine meshes off. I imagine that's a pretty bad performance hit, so a fix would be nice.

Uz986
Honored Guest
Hello, When I use this code, it through a lot errors in most of Oculus scripts, I really need to show hands in Oculus go. I am on Unity 2019.2.10

GigaSora
Expert Protege
For those happening upon this now. Upgrading to the newest version of the utilities fixed this problem for me. Unity 2019.2.8. Haven't tested it across the project yet, but at least its working upfront.

SplicedDNA
Protege
This isn't fixed for me on Unity 2019.3 or 2020.1