cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Controller Models

Heaney-555
Heroic Explorer
Right now if I use 'Start With Controllers' it will still show the old Touch controllers with Rift S.

Is there an update coming which will show the correct controllers?
13 REPLIES 13

owenwp
Expert Protege
Second this, I have a game I am trying to get through review that relies on the Avatar SDK to show the controller.

armin_rigo
Explorer
I've read that the new models were found in Oculus/VR/Meshes/OculusTouchForQuestAndRiftS in the Oculus Integration v1.36.  Now that it's been updated to v1.37, I don't find them any more.  If someone knows where to find v1.36, it would be appreciated.

armin_rigo
Explorer
...Sorry, found the problem.  Unity was for some reason saying "1.37" on the asset store, but on clicking the big "Import" button it was using a cached older version.  I fixed it by removing C:\Users\accountName\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\Oculus.

Heaney-555
Heroic Explorer
The Avatar SDK models are different. They apply automatically when you click 'Start with Controllers' and they're animated.

Ross_Beef
Heroic Explorer
Just a quick update here. The new Oculus Touch controllers were being correctly detected and assigned for Oculus Quest, but not Rift S. We've fixed this bug and it should roll out in SDK1.39.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

Ross_Beef
Heroic Explorer
@owenwp -- please DM me if you're still having issues with your review on this basis.

Schneider21
Expert Protege
@Ross_Beef any timeline projected for the 1.39 release? I've got a demo app going to a trade show next week and I'd love to have the right controllers showing. Is the change simple enough that you could maybe point me to a line or two in the 1.38 integration that I can modify to get me by?

borisb
Honored Guest
Hi @Ross_Beef,

will there also be animated controller like the old Touch controllers? Or if they already exist, where can I find them?
Thank you!

Best,
Boris

bavisiativ
Honored Guest
@Ross_Beef still having the issue with the SDK 1.40
(Unity v2019.2.2f1, Oculus Utilities v1.35.0, OVRPlugin v1.35.0, SDK v1.40.0.)
The controllers are still the old controller for the rift even when I use the rift S.
Is there a workaround to force the rift S controller ?

Thank you