cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go AMA panel

la_reina
Protege

Hi everyone! I’m Reina Shah and I currently manage Entertainment content at Oculus. Prior to joining Oculus, I spent 10 years in gaming- from financing FB and mobile game companies, to user acquisition for social and mobile titles, and most recently I managed BD for Unity’s Cloud Services division. 

Fun Fact: I’ve completed at least one hike in 46 different countries. 
Twitter: @reina_shah

###

Hello all! I’m Gabor Szauer, I'm a developer relations engineer at Oculus. I support developers targeting mobile platforms like Gear VR and Oculus Go. If you have technical or performance related questions, I’m the guy. In my spare time, I also make video games and have written several publications for game development.

Fun fact: Gabor collects novelty USB drives
Twitter: @gszauer

###

We’re ready to answer any and all of your questions about developing for our newest device – Oculus Go! Quick note that there is a slight delay on our forums. Please only submit your questions *once*.

128 REPLIES 128

Mohammed_hashim
Expert Protege
Hello, I have couple of questions,
First i submitted to Oculus start program since February and still many to get early access to  Oculus Go but still no replay of acceptance or rejection to my Oculus start program form, how much will it take since i am right now in my late stage of developing my game and my main goal was to publish it for Oculus Go ?
2nd question is can we use consumer version of Oculus go for developing?

3rd question is whats is the current android version (API level) of Oculus go and does it support direct wifi connection between 2 Oculus go for MP game use?

Thanks

la_reina
Protege
@lastnOni 
    • 1) Hmmm... You should have received a response from our team regarding your Oculus Start application. I'll ping our team internal about your status, but please also reach out to oculusstart@oculus.com. The Start team will be able to pull up your application and provide an update.
    • 2) Yes, the consumer version of Oculus Go can be used as a devkit. The devkits are the same as consumer devices.
    • 3a) You probably want the game to be compatible with Gear VR devices as well as Oculus Go. You can use the mobile hardware stats page to figure out what is the minimum version of the API to support: https://developer.oculus.com/hardware-report/mobile/ I would say 26 is a safe bet.
    • 3b) It's possible to make networked multiplayer games. See Settlers of Catan for example.

la_reina
Protege
Thank you for joining us and thank you for all your questions. We're all out of time today, but please keep an eye out for any future AMAs! 
-Reina and Gabor

axv
Honored Guest
Is it planned to create more starter templates/projects for both unity and unreal?

Also, in case of unreal samples, I'd like to see the installation process get more simplified, since for now all the examples are living in oculus own fork of the engine on github. Would be cool to see them published to the unreal marketplace.

DanielYu6
Explorer
Hi Guys! 
Could you please give some feedback on my game for the Oculus Go?
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusGo/comments/8h0kte/my_oculus_go_game/?utm_source=reddit-android

Thanks!!

NelsonGalactico
Explorer
I just saw this notification and I want to take the moment to say that as a promoter of OCULUS in Latin America, I feel completely alone in terms of support from the company.
I come headsets through my YouTube channel FREEVR, currently the largest in Latin America and not just nobody listens .. I have tried to contact me with 10 email addresses and nobody is able to answer me ...
My current team, a CV1 is about to stop working .. it's the second one I buy, now I buy an oculus GO and I keep selling OCULUS ..
I need support from you, the same support that other promoters receive on YouTube. I keep spending money from my pocket to generate content.

please listen to me, pay attention to my request, it's a job.
My email is Freevrchannel@gmail.com

Acabo de ver esta notificacion y quiero aprovechar el momento para decir que como promotor de OCULUS en America Latina, me siento completamente solo en cuanto a apoyo de la compania.
YO vengo headsets por medio de mi canal de youtube FREEVR, actualmente el mas grande de America Latina y no solo nadie escucha.. eh intentado contactarme con 10 direcciones de mail y nadie es capas de contestarme...
MI equipo actual, un CV1 esta a punto de dejar de funcionar.. es el segundo que compro, ahora compre un oculus GO y sigo vendiendo OCULUS..
Necesito apoyo de parte de ustedes, el mismo apoyo que reciben otros promotores en youtube.. sigo gastando dinero de mi bolsillo para generar contenido.

por favor, escuchenme, presten atencion a mi pedido, es un trabajo.

Mi email es freevrchannel@gmail.c

axv
Honored Guest
Is it planned to create more starter templates/projects for both unity and unreal?

Also, in case of unreal samples, I'd like to see the installation process get more simplified, since for now all the examples are living in oculus own fork of the engine on github. Would be cool to see them published to the unreal marketplace.

DanielYu6
Explorer
Hi Guys! 
Could you please give some feedback on my game for the Oculus Go?
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusGo/comments/8h0kte/my_oculus_go_game/?utm_source=reddit-android

Thanks!!

NelsonGalactico
Explorer
I just saw this notification and I want to take the moment to say that as a promoter of OCULUS in Latin America, I feel completely alone in terms of support from the company.
I come headsets through my YouTube channel FREEVR, currently the largest in Latin America and not just nobody listens .. I have tried to contact me with 10 email addresses and nobody is able to answer me ...
My current team, a CV1 is about to stop working .. it's the second one I buy, now I buy an oculus GO and I keep selling OCULUS ..
I need support from you, the same support that other promoters receive on YouTube. I keep spending money from my pocket to generate content.

please listen to me, pay attention to my request, it's a job.
My email is Freevrchannel@gmail.com

Acabo de ver esta notificacion y quiero aprovechar el momento para decir que como promotor de OCULUS en America Latina, me siento completamente solo en cuanto a apoyo de la compania.
YO vengo headsets por medio de mi canal de youtube FREEVR, actualmente el mas grande de America Latina y no solo nadie escucha.. eh intentado contactarme con 10 direcciones de mail y nadie es capas de contestarme...
MI equipo actual, un CV1 esta a punto de dejar de funcionar.. es el segundo que compro, ahora compre un oculus GO y sigo vendiendo OCULUS..
Necesito apoyo de parte de ustedes, el mismo apoyo que reciben otros promotores en youtube.. sigo gastando dinero de mi bolsillo para generar contenido.

por favor, escuchenme, presten atencion a mi pedido, es un trabajo.

Mi email es freevrchannel@gmail.c