cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't continue with game development. SMS Authentication is still broken

stackarn
Protege

I'm really sad because I need to update my software and after recent updates I'm no longer developer and I can't even run my builds on my Quest2 and Meta Quest Pro devices.

I've managed to get into developer mode by enable 2FA in the past but now I'm not sure if that's enough?

I can't get any SMS-authentication codes because it seems to be broken.

Everywhere in this forum I can see there are more problems related to this but unfortunately no answers.

Should I just give up?

I'm really happy to get all the forum-badges! (https://youtu.be/uEvWg_Yikxs) I got 5 today! 😂 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AlexUSAhome
Explorer

Hi I know this is not really the right way but I used this website to finally get an sms and got mine to work.

https://receive-smss.com/sms/447868150810/

View solution in original post

HI everyone,

I only want to share how it worked for me:
I deleted the 2FA and Telefonnumber on the meta account page and under facebook and I try it again. This worked for me.
Still frustrating to try it 100 ways until something worked...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

AlexUSAhome
Explorer

Hi I know this is not really the right way but I used this website to finally get an sms and got mine to work.

https://receive-smss.com/sms/447868150810/

janpieter.2023
Honored Guest

I am trying to verify my developer account with 2FA, but I'm also not receiving an SMS.

Tried several times over a timespan of a few hours, but I'm just not receiving a code.

kennedy.318482
Honored Guest

I really need this now 

HI everyone,

I only want to share how it worked for me:
I deleted the 2FA and Telefonnumber on the meta account page and under facebook and I try it again. This worked for me.
Still frustrating to try it 100 ways until something worked...

Did you also get the sms-confirmation replies? As it works with the receive-sms-service linked above, I think their own sms-service is quite limited.

stackarn
Protege

Oh, I also got some new achievements, lol!

Yes I got the sms-confirmation. Everything worked smoothly without a workaround.

Jack.FKB
Honored Guest

Hi, I'm also having a problem with this. I tried setting up an organization to use developer mode and sideload, but trying to get 2FA working is getting me nowhere. I set up with an authenticator app but my account still isn't verified, so I can't set up an organization in order to put my device in developer mode. Very frustrating, last time I developed on the Quest 1 I didn't have these issues.

TC-Barcode
Honored Guest

I had the same issue and what I have discovered is that the text the Meta send isn't an SMS, it's an MMS. My MMS settings on my phone were not set up correctly for some reason. I fixed them and was able to receive the 2FA text again.

Test if you can send receive MMS by getting sending and getting sent a picture via messages (not iphone-to-iphone imessage).