cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers cannot "GET" our app (App Lab)

AlienCurv
Protege

From what I can understand, a Quest App is available by the app id link before being reviewed. This allows users to install the app from a direct URL rather than the AppStore. Our app is viewable on PC by the App Id link, and everything looks fine, except there is no GET button. Also, when the same URL is viewed on the Quest, a 404 error is displayed.

Is the App Lab broken, or am I missing a setting somewhere? Now that the App is in a review state, there are no settings available to us for change. Strangely, the URL is viewable on PC but not the Quest. 

We want our app to be available to our users, precisely many schools anxiously waiting to use our app. Our previous app worked with Google Cardboard, and now the schools are migrating to the Quest. We are unable to give them our app because of this issue. We need to have our app used by students before the school year is complete. By not having this app available to students, this delay is robbing children of an educational experience that could shape their future with a career in technology.

11 REPLIES 11

AlienCurv
Protege

Does anyone from Meta check these posts? I've uploaded my app three different times, and while the app id page is visible on PC, it gives Whoops 404 error on the quest - There is no GET button for the App even though the popup says it is an App Lab app.

It seems my App Lab app is stuck in limbo. Please help.

Is anyone available to assist? Our app is only viewable in the app lab by us. No one else can view the link other than our account. We cannot edit or perform changes to the app because it is "submitted" and "pending review." All articles state that we should be able to send people the App Lab link from our website so they can use it. 

As the school year approaches the end, we're trying to get this out so students can use it with their robots. There must be some way to contact Facebook/meta/oculus about this? Our app is in limbo, and we've tried deleting and adding it three times with the same result.

Is there a different way to have the app appear on App Lab that I don't know about? I've searched the documentation, and all paths say we're submitting correctly. We get this message when viewing the URL with app id - so Meta/Facebook/Oculus is telling us that our app is in the app lab, but we can't figure out how to share it with customers.

AlienCurv_0-1651521491008.png

Is there a method of contacting Oculus/Facebook/Meta reviewers to see why our app says it is in App Lab but isn't accessible? We have desperate customers sideloading with the developer hub software at the moment. Our app says it is available via App Lab, but no one can view the link. 

We have been researching and reading every published document because we're unable to get a response from Oculus/Meta/Facebook about the applab status. Our app shows an AppLab popup, but there is no GET button. According to all documentation, we can find, the app should be downloadable by a link before being reviewed. 

The popup says it's available on App Lab, but there's no GET button. How can we give this app to our customers before the school year is over?

AlienCurv_0-1652142730322.png

We noticed a View PDP button on the App Product Detail Page in the Overview of the Oculus Developer Dashboard. Pressing that button does let us view our app page if we are logged in, but still no GET button.

When we send the View PDP link to customers, they receive this...

AlienCurv_0-1652845901714.png

We even tried submitting the App ID to different suggested websites for sharing App Lab apps, but they all say our App ID is invalid. 

Will someone from Oculus/Facebook/Meta please help? We need to have our app used by students before the school year is complete. You are robbing children of an educational experience that could shape their future with a career in technology.

pro_zac
Heroic Explorer

@AlienCurv wrote:

From what I can understand, a Quest App is available by the app id link before being reviewed.

This is not true. Your app must go through review to be publicly available (even in AppLab). 

I found some info about public release channels, but these really only work for published apps too. 

In short, if you want your app to be public, you need to submit it for review.

Thanks for your reply. We submitted the app almost two months ago. The confusion is regarding the message that we keep getting. Also, a few hundred blog posts, articles, and third-party applab websites all state our app should be available immediately through the applab process. We're baffled that Oculus/Facebook/Meta isn't allowing apps to be developed for their product.

AlienCurv_0-1653018457016.png

Does anyone from Oculus check the developer forum? We're having trouble with AppLab - our app is not viewable even though the message popup says it is. Please assist so we can have our app used by customers. It has been over a month since the app was submitted, and there have not been any responses to our messages.