cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers cannot "GET" our app (App Lab)

AlienCurv
Protege

From what I can understand, a Quest App is available by the app id link before being reviewed. This allows users to install the app from a direct URL rather than the AppStore. Our app is viewable on PC by the App Id link, and everything looks fine, except there is no GET button. Also, when the same URL is viewed on the Quest, a 404 error is displayed.

Is the App Lab broken, or am I missing a setting somewhere? Now that the App is in a review state, there are no settings available to us for change. Strangely, the URL is viewable on PC but not the Quest. 

We want our app to be available to our users, precisely many schools anxiously waiting to use our app. Our previous app worked with Google Cardboard, and now the schools are migrating to the Quest. We are unable to give them our app because of this issue. We need to have our app used by students before the school year is complete. By not having this app available to students, this delay is robbing children of an educational experience that could shape their future with a career in technology.

11 REPLIES 11

pro_zac
Heroic Explorer

What is your app id and/or app name? The page in your screenshot above should only be accessible to you until the app passes review. 

Have you filed a support ticket? If not, sign in and use the "Contact Us" button on this page:

https://oculusdevelopers.zendesk.com/

I'm sorry this has been such a pain for you. Meta has 17000 people working for it on VR but really doesn't treat developers well. It's pretty insane. 

You have to go through the proper channels and submit it through AppLab to get on that channel, if its not public. 

If an internal demo, have you considered just making it part of your Beta release channel and then distributing access that way?