cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot upload an apk with oculus developer hub (odh) and ovr-platform-util.exe command

matsuXNR
Explorer

I made an app on the oculus developer console (developer.oculus.com) and uploaded an apk (version 0.1) to two release channels: production (LIVE) and ALPHA. First, I could not upload an apk (version 0.2) from the "Upload" button on the oculus developer hub (odh). So, I tried it from "ovr-platform-util.exe" commant directly and successfully uploaded it and updated the app (v0.1 -> v0.2). But now, I cannot upload an apk (version 0.3) with no errors (see below).

PS C:\Users\Matsumura\VADAX\apk> ovr-platform-util upload-quest-build --app-id xxxxxxxxxxxxxx --app-secret yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy --apk zzzzzzzzzzzzzz_v0.3.apk --channel LIVE

Logs are written to: C:\Users\MATSUM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\oc_cli_5237330736364627_2022-08-17T23-45-38-317Z.log
* Your copy of Oculus Platform Command Line Utility is old.             *
* Version 1.76.0.000001 has been released on Wed Jul 13 2022.           *
* Please use the following command to update it:                        *
*   > ..\..\..\..\AppData\Roaming\odh\ovr-platform-util.exe self-update *

Validating build...
NOTE:
Your manifest includes the following permissions restricted by Oculus:
 - android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO
 - android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS
Please remove these permissions if they are not needed by your application. If they are needed, you must include justification in the “Notes for the Reviewer” field when submitting your application for review. Failure to provide justification will result in the rejection of your application.

Preparing for upload...

Uploading APK...

Downloading signature of previous build

Generating patch

When I sccessfully uploaded, the log showed a progress bar of uploading.

Does anyone had the same issue and a solution?

Thank you.

Environment

ODH Version: 2.6.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you @dario.maciel .

I tried to update the exe, but it dosen't matter.

Btw, I found out if Japanese characters and spaces are included in the path to APK, uploading fails. Actually, when I put an apk and call the upload command, the apk was correctly uploaded.

Failure case (call this command at C:\OneDrive - ワンドライブ\フォルダA\フォルダB):

`ovr-platform-util upload-quest-build --app-id xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --app-secret yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy --apk ./APP_APK_FILE.apk --channel LIVE`

Correct case (copy the APK to C-drive root (C:\) and call this command at C:\):

`ovr-platform-util upload-quest-build --app-id xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --app-secret yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy --apk ./APP_APK_FILE.apk --channel LIVE`

We can close this thread because I had a solution. Thank you so much.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dario.maciel
Adventurer

Try this?
When I got this error I solved by doing this

Please use the following command to update it: * * > ..\..\..\..\AppData\Roaming\odh\ovr-platform-util.exe self-update

Thank you @dario.maciel .

I tried to update the exe, but it dosen't matter.

Btw, I found out if Japanese characters and spaces are included in the path to APK, uploading fails. Actually, when I put an apk and call the upload command, the apk was correctly uploaded.

Failure case (call this command at C:\OneDrive - ワンドライブ\フォルダA\フォルダB):

Correct case (copy the APK to C-drive root (C:\) and call this command at C:\):

We can close this thread because I had a solution. Thank you so much.