cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus dashboard not displaying application ids?

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

I started a new Unity project today for Rift, and went to my Oculus Dashboard to recall my app id... they used to be displayed on the main dashboard management screen that lists your apps. They don't appear to be listed there any more. I've looked through the app details, and can't find it anywhere. Did they move them or is this possibly a temporary website glitch?

no_app_id.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

julienkay
Adventurer

Same for me. I think as a workaround you can click on your app and use the number sequence that's shown in the address bar of your browser. Alternatively the PDP (product detail page) link visible under App Submission also contains the ID.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

julienkay
Adventurer

Same for me. I think as a workaround you can click on your app and use the number sequence that's shown in the address bar of your browser. Alternatively the PDP (product detail page) link visible under App Submission also contains the ID.

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

Ok - good to know it's not just me, and thanks for the workaround idea. The irony is that - I work in I.T., and not 20 minutes ago a user stated that she couldnt find the longitude and latitude for a location on Google maps, and my suggestion to her was to use the value displayed in the URL... guess I should heed my own advice!

julienkay
Adventurer

If all else fails there's always 'View Source' (or decoding the HTML as the call it nowadays ^^)

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

Oh my gosh! My son was telling me about that news story this morning on the way in to work. Such ignorance.

julienkay
Adventurer

For future reference, in case anyone else comes across this thread, it seems there's a new tab called API that was introduced in the Developer Dashboard, that contains the AppID and other API keys.

oculus_manage_api.png

Seems awfully "buried" for such a commonly referienced piece of info. 😉 Thanks for updating the thread.