cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 and ADB stopped working

VRMonkeyDev
Explorer
Hello! I've been using MQDH with Quest2 for almost a year now and they used to work perfectly fine, but since a few days ago, every time I connect my Quest 2 via Link Cable, it is detected and shown as below:
 1.png

However, if I try to issue any command whatsoever, be it a push, install, reconnect, etc, it turns offline. This can be seen by simply opening the Meta Quest Developer Hub. It initially appears as following:
2.png

But as soon as one of those commands "finishes" (they always fail), this is the screen I'm left with.
 3.png

I have tried issuing `adb reconnect offline`, which simply makes the device completely vanish from the devices list. Needing a reboot of the device (and a unplug/plug of the USB cable) for it to reappear. I have tried deleting the adb keys and re-authorizing; rebooting the adb server; disabling and re-enabling the developer mode; factory resetting the Quest 2; disabling Oculus Air Link; changing which adb version to use; clean reinstall of Windows; all above with no other program running on PC, to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe it was something in the last update? I can't find a way to rollback and test.

INFOS
Headset
System Version: 49068160412800150
Version: 47.0.0.282.341.428237303
Runtime Version: 47.0.0.282.341.428237138
OS Version: user-49068160412800150
No lock pattern

Oculus Android App
Version: 198.0.0.4.103

MQDH
Version 3.1.1

ADB
Version 1.0.40 4986621

OS
Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Build: 19045.2486
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VRMonkeyDev
Explorer

UPDATE

After some back and forth with the tech support and with my co-workers we managed to find the culprit. It was the cable! Even though the cable was fine to charging, accessing the files, and worked mostly fine for Oculus Link, for some reason it was already not good enough for use with ADB. Weird but it is what it is.

I replaced it with a brand new one, just out of package, and now it's working great.
Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, VRMonkeyDev! We don't like to see our users have this kind of issue. We understand how important it is to get this issue sorted out to get back to the VR world. Not to worry. We recommend connecting with our specialized team here. We'll be able to look deeper into this for you. You can also add your PC log files to your ticket. This will help us determine the cause of this issue. We look forward to connecting with you!

Thanks you for contacting me! I'll open a ticket there and update here when it's solved in case someone is going through the same problem.

VRMonkeyDev
Explorer

UPDATE

After some back and forth with the tech support and with my co-workers we managed to find the culprit. It was the cable! Even though the cable was fine to charging, accessing the files, and worked mostly fine for Oculus Link, for some reason it was already not good enough for use with ADB. Weird but it is what it is.

I replaced it with a brand new one, just out of package, and now it's working great.
Thank you!

Hey again @VRMonkeyDev! We're so glad to hear that the issue was resolved and you're back to business! Thank you for providing that update and for potentially helping out the rest of the community from here on out; it's much appreciated. 

Happy gaming and developing!