cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The App Lab app deleting itself / urgent issue

Shiv_McD
Honored Guest

The App Lab app has today deleted itself from Quest 2 headsets!!

We are a VR game studios and 1/2 of our VR studio team have been affected by this in the last hour and seems to be increasing across the team  / who can I contact?
In the middle of important game dev work with a deadline ahead so this is an urgent issue. 

Anyone else had this problem or shed any light? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FunkyTanuki
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there, I haven't heard of this issue coming up from our team yet. I will make sure to flag this and make them aware. Any one else who sees this thread and is experiencing the same issue is highly encouraged to leave their experience below so we can keep track of this as we look into it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

FunkyTanuki
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there, I haven't heard of this issue coming up from our team yet. I will make sure to flag this and make them aware. Any one else who sees this thread and is experiencing the same issue is highly encouraged to leave their experience below so we can keep track of this as we look into it.

peterlarmour
Honored Guest

hi Ive just been looking for the App lab and to purchase an app called Gesture VR, described in Imagine FX magazine, but Ive not been able to find the app or lab

Has this issue been resolved? 8n my case all apps I paid for that were nit in applab can no longer be accessed?

OneFloatingHead
Explorer

I've been developing a game and today (for the first time in a couple weeks) I went in to do some debugging -- and it's gone.  Not in the Quest 2 library.  Can't run it from the Developer Hub, because it fails the checks ("not in library").  It _is_ in the Oculus phone app library, but that doesn't seem to mean anything.  I _did_ reboot my headset.

If I can't run a dev version of my game, I can't dev for the Quest 2.  I mean, really guys.  Fix this.

r0b0saru
Expert Protege

I am guessing this is all due to the recent change on Meta side to require verification for organisations. It was supposed to block updates/new apps, but seems to have deleted/removed apps for orgs that have not been verified from AppLab (including mine). What a mess... trying to get verified ASAP now but the verification process is also broken Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 9.09.47.png

Could be --  I did get verification as a _developer_ but not as an _organization_ ... they implied that should be sufficient.  If it's not, it would be nice for them to be more clear on the subject. Or maybe they just broke stuff.