cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are test users not visible to developers in my organization?

julienkay
Adventurer

I was under the impression that test users are created at an organization level. However, it turns out that only the developer that created the test user can manage them via the 'Test User' tab in the Developer Dashboard. Other developers can't even see these test users (even if they have the admin role).

According to the docs here, test users "Are visible to users with admin or developer roles in the Developer Dashboard"

When clicking on 'Manage Friends' for a specific test user, I can see that there's an 'Owner' property. It's also worth noting, that I actually do have the option to add a test user created by someone else as a friend to one of my own test users. However, displaying a list of all test users in an organization is not possible. Only the test users that I created are visible in the 'Test Users' tab.

I don't see why every developer with appropriate permissions shouldn't be able to do as the documentation suggests and display the list of all test users in an organization.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

julienkay
Adventurer

Seems like that's by design. Support replied with:

"The test users pretty much only display to the developer it was created with since the test accounts created for them are affiliated with the developer's account. It is, sort of, like emulating a friend list where one account would not necessarily have the same friends as another account, hence why you are able to still add them from another account.

We do appreciate the suggestion to consider this at an organizational level and I will let the team know about it!"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

julienkay
Adventurer

Seems like that's by design. Support replied with:

"The test users pretty much only display to the developer it was created with since the test accounts created for them are affiliated with the developer's account. It is, sort of, like emulating a friend list where one account would not necessarily have the same friends as another account, hence why you are able to still add them from another account.

We do appreciate the suggestion to consider this at an organizational level and I will let the team know about it!"