cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t activate 2FA with phone number for developer mode

Elmo_Cracked
Honored Guest

Can’t activate 2FA with phone number for developer mode. I’m signed in and put a valid phone number, but never receive a code.

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Elmo_Cracked! We couldn't help but notice that you are reaching out because you are experiencing some issues when trying to activate 2FA. We certainly understand how disappointing something like that can be and how it can really effect your overall experience, so we'd like to help you get this issue sorted out as quickly as possible! So that may take a deeper dive into this, we'd like to invite you to send us a private message. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

jon_rlmg
Explorer

Same exact problem here. I've simply been trying to get it to send me a code via text message for days. I did successfully set up 2FA with an authenticator app, but that didn't seem to satisfy the verification requirements.

I've also been trying to get help from someone at Meta Quest Support for days, but I've so far only gotten vague and unhelpful responses about recovery codes that seem to completely misunderstand my problem.

jon_rlmg
Explorer

Little update: After being passed between 3 different Meta Quest Support folks over the course of a week, they just closed the ticket and told me: "our tools are very limited to assist you. You may directly reach out to our developer support, as they have all the resources to assist you with your account concern."

Ironically, it seems there's no way to contact support without logging in, and naturally my original issue seems to be preventing me from logging in as a developer.

Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 10.45.07 AM.png

They also said: "I hope that this experience will not change how you perceive Meta."

LOL. I've honestly never felt anywhere near this un-helped, strung-along, and ultimately abandoned by support from any other company in my life. In fact, this experience has been so miserable that I actually get a slightly sick stomach just looking at the device or seeing/hearing the word "Meta". What is the polar opposite of customer loyalty. Customer revulsion?

jon_rlmg
Explorer

One more likely final update:

I did make one more attempt with support that ended more or less the same way. Much like the earlier "support" I received, they kept providing me with one of my 8 digit recovery codes and telling me to use it. I'm still not sure whether they meant to use it as a recovery code or in place of the never received 6 digit text message 2FA code that's at the root of my problem, but I tried both and neither solved my problem. I've shared screenshots and explained my problem in detail multiple times, so I can't understand where the breakdown is. I'm not even sure I haven't been talking to bots the whole time, as they repeat things back to you like they're listening, but then seem to show no actual comprehension.

I can't believe I've spent over a month on this and gotten absolutely nowhere. Anyway, I've returned the device so I guess this nightmare is finally over.

I’m having the same issue and I’m going to return this stupid thing unless I get some help ASAP. 

Hilthus
Honored Guest

I've been having a similar problem not being able to verify either adding a Credit Card or a Auth App 2FA. The verification would show up for a second and then get reset. I tried this with different browsers.

I sent a DM to support on this forum and after a really weird first reply they gave me a ZenDesk link to open an issue, which does not require to be verified (https://oculusdevelopers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us). Still, I made one last attempt to use SMA 2FA which is the standard recommendation from other fellow devs. It didn't work for me and the only workaround was to access the website and add the SMS 2FA through my iPhone...

PS: After a several different interactions with Meta support over mail and the forum I also arrived to the conclusion it has to be mostly bots. I've never seen anything like this in my life (e.g. the example above about repeating things back to you but not understanding or seemingly reading what you wrote)