cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting Issues Even When Headset and Mobile App on Tablet are Paired

chimera_xr
Honored Guest

Hi everyone, I recently had this issue when helping out someone with casting from the Meta Quest 2 headset to the mobile app on an Android tablet.

We updated the Meta Quest Application on the tablet to the latest software, and I assume the headset is as well.  Both the admin account on the headset and the account on the mobile application are the same, and the headset is detected in the mobile app.  Through the headset, we click on Sharing -> Cast -> Oculus App and the prompt to cast shows up on the tablet.  

However, after pressing "Start Casting," the mobile app goes into the casting window for a split second then goes back to the Quest App home page which fails the cast.  We made sure that the headset and mobile app were running on the same Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth should have been enabled on both devices.

I'm wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue.  Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@chimera_xr It could be the fact that it's on a tablet and not a standard mobile device. (phone)

• Does the casting issue happen with other phones or devices in general?
  • Have you already tried a different network to see if it persists? (Mobile hotspot)

Let me know if any of this is useful to ya! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@chimera_xr It could be the fact that it's on a tablet and not a standard mobile device. (phone)

• Does the casting issue happen with other phones or devices in general?
  • Have you already tried a different network to see if it persists? (Mobile hotspot)

Let me know if any of this is useful to ya! 🙂

I've tried with other phones and the casting works.  I think my contact attempted to cast with the tablet with another wifi network but it didn't work.  But he was able to cast to his Microsoft Surface Air through oculus.com/casting.

So I suppose the answer is that it's a tablet issue, which seems to be the case considering existing evidence.  Could be the specific tablet he's using because other forums have shown that other tablets worked.

Thank you so much for your assistance