cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to seat avatars

brosenoff
Level 2

Hi,

I am building an Oculus app where similar to workrooms I want to have avatars seated on objects. I have tried this but the avatar always seems to be standing on the object. I have tried to calculate an offset to compensate but it is inconsistent. Is there a way to either calculate an offset to to get the y axis of the bottom of the visible avatar body so that the avatar looks like it is rested. 
I am using the latest SDKs and Unity. 
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

brosenoff
Level 2

Actually I figured this out. What you need to do is add hips as a critical joint and then when getting the avatar entity you make a call to get the position of the hips then you calculate the offset by taking the y axis of the  hips and subtracting the y axis of the game object. Then you can easily apply that affect when placing the avatar. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

brosenoff
Level 2

Actually I figured this out. What you need to do is add hips as a critical joint and then when getting the avatar entity you make a call to get the position of the hips then you calculate the offset by taking the y axis of the  hips and subtracting the y axis of the game object. Then you can easily apply that affect when placing the avatar.