cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illuminating models placed in enclosed spaces and activating Oculus Internal light slider

Cannonfodderxx
Explorer
Whenever I have visited other users 'homes' I have noticed that models placed in enclosed spaces are not illuminated. I have been trying to get to grips with 'Blender' and can create a space where I have control over Oculus tiling and the exterior lighting slider (provided by default). All of the tutorials that I have seen seem to relate to lighting an object created within 'Blender'. Is illumination of a model possible - it does seem to be present in the default room provided by Oculus. Would the matter be resolved by a lighting property or a definition in wall material/texture set by the 'Shader Editor'?
1 REPLY 1

SpudHead
Honored Guest
I’m quite new at this So forgive me if I’m stating the obvious, but from what I’ve been able to discover you can't affect the actual lighting. You can only affect the emmisiveness of the textures. So if you want it to look like a light is brightening a wall you have to add an emmisive texture to the wall. It needs to be an actual texture image, not just a material. You can shape the image to only be around the light source so it LOOKS like it’s coming from the light. If you wanted to "light” an object, you’d have to add emissive textures to that object. These ARE affected by the lighting slider.
what I haven’t figured out is transparency. I can add it to objects, but not to actual homes. If anyone knows how to do this you’d be my hero.