cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching Meta Quest TV through intents

tazougphi
Honored Guest

Hi all,

I am trying to have a native application launch the TV app to play a 3D 360 video (I know this may sound unusual, but I really need it to work this way!). For this, I need to be able to trigger an Android Intent with all the information necessary to play the video.

Using adb commands and some information found online, I managed to trigger a view intent to play a specific video like this:

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -d com.oculus.tv -e uri file:///storage/emulated/0/<path_to_video> com.oculus.vrshell/.MainActivity

However this starts the video in 2D mode, requiring the user to manually change the projection mode to 3D 360.

I have looked everywhere online but cannot seem to find a documentation with the supported extras for intents aimed at Meta Quest TV. I also tried looking at the app's logcat output to try to find any clues but nothing I tried seemed to have any effect.

Would anyone happen to know a list of supported options when starting the TV app through intents? Is it possible to ensure it starts with the correct projection mode?

3 REPLIES 3

ghafour.2016
Honored Guest

Do you find a solution

Unfortunately no, I had to give up entirely on this solution.

Below command opens the TV app but do not play the movie
adb shell am start -n com.oculus.tv/com.oculus.livingroom.PanelActivity -t video/mp4 -d http://www.rmp-streaming.com/media/big-buck-bunny-360p.mp4
my progress to here if I find solution I share it here