cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No "USB Dialog Connection" option when enabling Developer Mode

WizardOfWeegee
Honored Guest

I am trying to enable Developer Mode on my Meta Quest 3 and am running into a problem while following 2 different official developer docs:

I can confirm that I have logged in dashboard.meta.com using my normal Facebook account, I've created an "Org" and verified my credit card. I've enabled developer mode from inside the Headset Settings on the Meta Quest app on my phone.

Both documents now want me to do the exact same thing: put on my headset, and then go to Settings >> System >> Developer. And from there, they want me to turn on the USB Dialog Connection option.

The problem is, when I go to Settings >> System >> Developer, I only see these options:

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 8.50.36 AM.png

As you can see, no mention of a "USB Dialog Connection" option. There is only a "USB Link Auto-Connect" option, but that's already enabled. Can anyone spot where I'm going awry? Am I in the wrong screen perhaps?

Also, secondary to that, can anyone clue me in here and explain what this "Quest PC app" is (from my screenshort) with respect to Meta Quest 3 development, and what it might be used for? Is it a debugger/emulator perhaps? I Googled it and it looks like it was something used for Oculus, so I'm not sure why the Meta Quest 3 has options available for it.

Thanks in advance for any-and-all help!

1 REPLY 1

alexsafayan
Honored Guest

I was also having issues related to this, even following the Meta developer docs. My Developer page in settings has only one option. 

Not sure if this helps, but in Meta Quest iOS app >> Headset settings >> Developer Mode has a Debug Mode option that enables adb.