cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Lip Sync plugin for UE5 Installation not working

cyborgsince90s
Honored Guest
Good Day,
I downloaded the "Oculus Lipsync plugin" and followed the instructions given in the document.
As per the documentation, I copied the the "OVRLipsync" to "UE4.27-Engine-Plugins" and also into "UE5.1-Engine-Plugins".
But when I open a project in both the versions, The plugin is throwing an error saying the plugin is compiled for different version.
I also tried to copy the plugin directly to the project folder, Still same error.
Please sort the issue for me,
Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4

Helder_Vinicius
Protege

Hi!
Not sure if you're still facing this issue. Try my pre-compiled version of the plugin: It should work fine
viniciushelder/OVRLipSync-UE5: Oculus Lip Sync Compiled for Unreal 5 (github.com)

Hello, I've tried using your precompiled version of the plugin, and I've also been working with my own version separately. Additionally I've recompiled your plugin under the engine version I'm using (5.2.1). In all cases I'm getting a "LogOvrLipSync: Error: OVRLipSync Can't create voice capture." error. I know that the plugin is finding and referencing the OVRLipSync DLL fine, and I've got the change in place in my own plugin also for using "" instead of DEFAULT_DEVICE_NAME. Lastly I've attempted to switch the default audio input device between a couple of hardware options that I have, and also to remove one of these devices (such that my system only has a single audio input), but with no difference in the outcome. I'm wondering if you have been using the plugin under UE 5.2.1? Or otherwise which other engine versions? Thank you !

Hi Evan,

Unfortunately, i haven't used 5.2 yet. In fact, i've been using Unity at work lately so i have little to no time at Unreal. If i get the chance to update the plugin i'll let you know.

For the sake of curiosity, have you tried to package to a quest with the plugin recompiled for 5.2? (assuming that is your target platform)

Hi Helder,

Thanks very much for the quick response. Just to let you know that I've managed to get it working, although I don't know exactly how as I haven't made any changes of consequence to the plugin code. One thing that I have done today is to switch between using different engine versions, as I wanted to try your plugin in earlier versions (5.0 & 5.1). This didn't work, but it seems that after switching back to 5.2, it started working (including getting live Viseme values coming through). Interestingly it was the call to FVoiceModule::Get().CreateVoiceCapture(...) that wasn't working, which of course is an engine call and therefore nothing to do with OVRLipSync, so in the end it seems that the problem had nothing to do with OVRLipSync itself anyway! Just regarding setting up for Quest, this is an area that I haven't stepped into at all yet, but would like to 🙂 Thanks again for your interest - Regards Evan