cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Link Beta - Unity Remote View - AMAZING

AlanOToole
Adventurer
Hey everyone,

I just tested out remote view, in Unity, using the Oculus Quest Link Beta and I have to say I am so blown away. It is very much like using the Rift... to the point where with the title I'm working on, you cannot even tell the difference!

This is great guys, keep up the amazing work!

How is this working for everyone else? I hope well! 

A few things I noticed:

* You cannot use the Oculus Quest charger cable for this to work
* Make sure you update your Quest to the latest version 
* Update the Oculus Desktop App

Unity worked like a champ with no changes at all. I'm using Unity 2018.4.8f1 but will be testing soon with other versions too!

Have a great one!

Alan
3 REPLIES 3

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
It works with UnrealEngine 4.24 as well. In addition to the notes above there are some issues;
- GetDeviceName irregularly returns blank so you have to catch the Default in BP in case you use it to set TrackingOrigin (like I do for Desktop/GO/Quest/Rift)
- It glitches sometimes - stuck in the Oculus lobby, have to kill the UE launch and launch again.
- There's no audio in the Quest (until now). No clue, tried all audio devices

Weitin
Protege
Here's how my set up process went
  • Open Oculus Desktop app, download update, restart, update, connect Quest
  • Oculus Desktop App > Settings > General > Unknown Sources - Enable
  • In your Quest, enable Oculus Link by plugging it in or enabling in your settings
  • In Oculus Link, connect to your Unity project using Add Desktop Panel (The + icon)
  • You should be able to run your scene in your headset once you press play
I've confirmed this is working great using Oculus Integration 1.41 on Unity 2019.2.9f1 but it's not working in my projects with Oculus Integration 1.38 on Unity 2019.1.2f1

Other notes
  • My controllers were in 3dof and invisible when I entered Oculus Link, restarting my quest/computer fixed that
  • The hands turn into controllers when they stop registering input, which is weird when it's in your hand
  • The mouse in the virtual desktop keeps disappearing, don't really know why, very annoying, this is really crucial
  • If you run Unity from Explore/Library, it will launch the project. You can't tell which project it'll open, so I choose to open it on my computer then Add Desktop Panel

MikeF
Trustee
Another finding in some early testing is that the microphone does not work at all