cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to render Meta Avatars SDK v24.0

TriplePete
Protege

I have updated Meta Avatars SDK to v24.0. I did change to the new AvatarSdkManagerMeta prefab containing the the new MetaAvatarShaderManager. The MetaAvatarShaderManager references the two MetaShaderConfiguration.asset and MetaShaderConfigurationVertex.asset.
Everything looks nice and works well in Unity Editor and in Meta XR Simulator - avatars renders as intended.

But when building apk I get two errors:
"Shader error in 'Avatar/Meta': "UNITY_INSTANCING_PROCEDURAL_FUNC must be defined." and Shader error in 'Avatar/Meta': redefinition of 'UnityDisplayOrientationPreTransform'"
The apk builds but avatars is not rendered on HMD.

10 REPLIES 10

TriplePete
Protege

This is how it looks in the inspector:

TriplePete_1-1705420153111.png

Lontis
Honored Guest

I get the same but my build fails.

cccccQ
Explorer

Have you resolved it and how did you resolve it?

MattyAce
Explorer

@cccccQ for me I ended up using the AvatarSdkManagerHorizon instead of AvatarSdkManagerMeta in my scene and my avatar displayed in the sdk build correctly. Hopefully someone can answer what needs to be set for the AvatarSdkManagerMeta to work in edit preview and the sdk? 

Yes, I did the same, used AvatarSdkManagerHorizon instead of AvatarSdkManagerMeta.

cccccQ
Explorer

But the AvatarSdkManagerHorizon has already marked deletion in the v24 version.

MattyAce
Explorer

Cheers @TriplePete, glad to hear you found the same solution. 

@cccccQAvatarSdkManagerHorizon is being depreciated but it works for now. I have kept the AvatarSdkManagerMeta inactive in my scene as a reminder to test it in the next update when it comes out.

larryPlayabl
Explorer

I am experiencing the same. I'll try the AvatarSdkManagerHorizon workaround as well. URP is a very common way to work in Unity now, so it'd be great for Meta to release a compatible supported Avatar shader.

TriplePete
Protege

Meta has released Meta Avatars 24.1.1 that solves the problem. It also solves the problem with LOD-levels for the avatars. Thx KevinJ!