cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

would like to install adb driver but there is no 'install' menu when i right click on the .inf file.

shellchocolat
Level 2
Hello all,

I follow the documentation: https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/mobilesdk/latest/concepts/mobile-device-setup-go/

When i have to install the driver, it is wrote that i need to right click on the .inf file and select 'install', but there is no 'install' menu.

I work on windows 10, x64 and with an oculus go

Could you give me some help

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

UndyingAxis
Level 2
I hope this helps someone in the future.  I recently had the same issue with Windows 10, the install option was not available when I right-clicked the android_winusb.inf file (and tried for 3 days).  The EXTRACT was the key.  When you originally download the file from Oculus ADP Driver using Window explorer the file will open from the Username>AppData>Local>Temp>Oculus-adb-driver-2.0.zip and this may not give you the install option.  BEFORE you move forward from here, click "Temp" and then the driver will show with a zip icon folder.  Right click this folder and extract all.  The follow the regular steps and right click android_winusb.inf file and it should show the install function.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shellchocolat
Level 2
I found my answer: https://androidmtk.com/install-google-adb-driver-manually

maybe it will help someone else

mitchallen
Level 2
The install option will also be missing if you are just browsing the zip file and didn’t actually Extract All to a folder. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I know this is an old post but I am experiencing the same issue that mitchallen described above. When I go to download the driver, the actual zip file does not come through. I have tried several times, not sure what I am doing wrong. Thanks!

UndyingAxis
Level 2
I hope this helps someone in the future.  I recently had the same issue with Windows 10, the install option was not available when I right-clicked the android_winusb.inf file (and tried for 3 days).  The EXTRACT was the key.  When you originally download the file from Oculus ADP Driver using Window explorer the file will open from the Username>AppData>Local>Temp>Oculus-adb-driver-2.0.zip and this may not give you the install option.  BEFORE you move forward from here, click "Temp" and then the driver will show with a zip icon folder.  Right click this folder and extract all.  The follow the regular steps and right click android_winusb.inf file and it should show the install function.  Hope this helps.

Bless you!  This is the actual problem 🙂