cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

would like to install adb driver but there is no 'install' menu when i right click on the .inf file.

shellchocolat
Honored Guest
Hello all,

I follow the documentation: https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/mobilesdk/latest/concepts/mobile-device-setup-go/

When i have to install the driver, it is wrote that i need to right click on the .inf file and select 'install', but there is no 'install' menu.

I work on windows 10, x64 and with an oculus go

Could you give me some help

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

UndyingAxis
Honored Guest
I hope this helps someone in the future.  I recently had the same issue with Windows 10, the install option was not available when I right-clicked the android_winusb.inf file (and tried for 3 days).  The EXTRACT was the key.  When you originally download the file from Oculus ADP Driver using Window explorer the file will open from the Username>AppData>Local>Temp>Oculus-adb-driver-2.0.zip and this may not give you the install option.  BEFORE you move forward from here, click "Temp" and then the driver will show with a zip icon folder.  Right click this folder and extract all.  The follow the regular steps and right click android_winusb.inf file and it should show the install function.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

shellchocolat
Honored Guest
I found my answer: https://androidmtk.com/install-google-adb-driver-manually

maybe it will help someone else

mitchallen
Honored Guest
The install option will also be missing if you are just browsing the zip file and didn’t actually Extract All to a folder. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I know this is an old post but I am experiencing the same issue that mitchallen described above. When I go to download the driver, the actual zip file does not come through. I have tried several times, not sure what I am doing wrong. Thanks!

UndyingAxis
Honored Guest
I hope this helps someone in the future.  I recently had the same issue with Windows 10, the install option was not available when I right-clicked the android_winusb.inf file (and tried for 3 days).  The EXTRACT was the key.  When you originally download the file from Oculus ADP Driver using Window explorer the file will open from the Username>AppData>Local>Temp>Oculus-adb-driver-2.0.zip and this may not give you the install option.  BEFORE you move forward from here, click "Temp" and then the driver will show with a zip icon folder.  Right click this folder and extract all.  The follow the regular steps and right click android_winusb.inf file and it should show the install function.  Hope this helps.

Bless you!  This is the actual problem 🙂

Kalennienna
Explorer

This is not right. This goes is for installing Google ADB driver... I tried to see if I could figure this out for Oculus, but cannot do so. 

Where is "temp"? I cannot find this. There is no temp option.... 

you are my hero. Actually, it doesn't not have to be the "Temp" folder, my is in "Download" foler, just go to the default folder that your filed was download and right click the zip folder, then "Extract all"