cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Сontrollers do not work in steam vr

motend
Honored Guest

Congratulations. I have a problem when I go into steam vr or another game in steam like half life Alex I have these two controllers and none of the oculus keys on the controller work except the button to exit steam vr.

How can this be fixed?

- windows 11

- asus rog zephyrus gx502gw
vrmonitor_FhqnrfVgBI.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya @motend, we see you are having issues with your controllers in Steam VR. We understand how inconvenient this may be, and would be happy to assist you! Due to Steam VR is not officially supported by our software, there can be issues that occur and we do not have the tools, resources, or information to help resolve this. However, if this problem extends to our desktop app as well, please review the following:

• Remove your batteries for 10-15 minutes to reset the firmware. Then replace them with new batteries. 
  • Un-pair and re-pair the controllers.
  • Does the controller work on the standalone headset?
  • Does the controller function fine on our PC app?

We hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks, I'll try changing the batteries.

Yes, the controllers work well without connecting to a PC, and everything works when I connect via Air Link. Even Unreal Engine 5 also works well with controllers

Glad to hear your controller works fine still. We hope resetting the firmware helps out!

If you have any other concerns with our Meta VR products, please don't hesitate to give us a quick ring, we'll be sure to assist you all that we can. Have a nice day @motend!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!