cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st Gen Rift [Problem]- New OS install won't allow Rift software to reinstall

CloakedWolf
Explorer

First, Happy Holidays!

You know how people fight??? This issue has slugged me right in the gut and the Holidays too.

I have been unable to use my "1st Gen Rift" ever since I've migrated my OS from Win7 64bit to "Windows 10 Pro 64bit."  Let me ping-pong this off you please... 

I cannot install the Oculus Software due to the:

" CAN'T CONNECT

Looks like we can't reach the Oculus Server. Please

check your connection. "

Being one who pre-ordered the Rift way before it hit the shelves years ago, I have evaded any and all problems all these years with the Rift..... until now.

Check me here:

I've downloaded both "OculusSetup.exe" and "OculusPatchMarch2018.exe." 

[  "OculusSetup.exe" - is what gives me the "Can't Connect" message.

Now I've tried using the command prompts, unfortunately that didn't work. 

--e.g. "running CMD (run as Administrator) and typing:

C:\Users\[user name]\Desktop>OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck "

This method provides the same "Can't Connect" message that double-clicking the file does.  ]

[  "OculusPatchMarch2018.exe."  - when this one opens, it says:

Already Uninstalled

Oculus Setup is already uninstalled. If you're having

trouble, please contact Oculus Support. "

Only option is to exit. I get the same result regardless if I "double-click" or use the "command promps."  ]

The last thing I want to bring to your attention, though I'm not certain if it's relevant or not but just in case, both the Rift Sensors have driver issues. Claims that there are no drivers installed.

I feel as though this is "Human Error" so I ask, "What am I missing...?"

Windows 10 Pro  64bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

16.0 GB

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

TS128GMTS800

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

Western Digital - 1TB

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy Holidays to you as well @CloakedWolf! We see that you are experiencing some issues with re-installing the Rift software. We definitely understand how troublesome something like that can be and we'd love to help you get this issue sorted out as quickly as possible! We'd like to dig a little deeper into this issue and take a look at your logs. For further instructions on how to collect your logs, please click here. Once those logs have been gathered, please reach out to our dedicated Support Team so that we may review those logs and troubleshoot with you further! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for the reply!

So I was only able to gather one (1) log file due to there being no install directory. This log file was located using Windows Key + R via:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\ "

Please advise....

Hey there, @CloakedWolf. We would recommend reaching out to Meta Store Support for further assistance, as we're able to review log files through email or live chats but not through the forums unfortunately. We'll do everything we can to help out once you reach out to us through our support site

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Understood and Thank You!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

It should work perfectly:

https://www.oculus.com/rift/setup/

Remember to upgrade your Oculus account to a Meta account. I'm using CV1 and Win10 Pro 64bit too.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"