cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA

Supra4U
Explorer

I have an oculus account that has 2fa but I have a new phone number . I cannot get into my headset . I have sent numerous emails to oculus support , over three weeks now and no response. My Facebook account has the new number and cannot get in with that .  Any hope out there or should I flood Reddit and this forum with negative reviews? 

28 REPLIES 28

Supra4U
Explorer

I forgot to mention that my user name is Fizzy_2010 . I had to use a different Facebook account to actually post this , all my games are under the first username . This is a complete joke !!

Supra4U
Explorer

I have been locked out of my account due to 2fa and a new phone number, all my games purchased  over the last 3 years are lost with my account. I have a oculus 1 and 2. Oculus 1 was under the oculus umbrella, the 2 was merged with Facebook. I am not sure what the hell is going on but Facebook has my correct new phone number but oculus still has the old one which comes up with the 2fa verification. I cannot get into either oculus device . I have been sending emails with my drivers license for 45 days now for help, not ONE response from this company and I do give them my correct email that is on file and nothing in spam junk etc.  What is strange is that Facebook has my correct phone number. Is the Oculus support non existent? I am reaching out again to forum members for help. I had to create a new oculus ID just to post this because my original ID is locked out. My oculus ID is fizzy_2010. Actually my son used these devices but I am pissed because I’m the one paying for the 750 dollars worth of games. It may be a capital F on fizzy , I can’t remember. Thanks. 

No response from Oculus or Facebook, 45 days later without one single response. I have sent at least 20 emails. Nobody wants to work anymore, maybe oculus is in the same boat and has closed up the support system. 

Did you open a Support Ticket?

Yes , probably over 20 . No response 

Supra4U
Explorer

2fa issues for a month. I cannot log into my account due to a new phone number. The sms code goes to my old phone number. I couldn’t even get into this forum, I had to create a new account. I have sent numerous emails without ONE response. A support ticket (2715391) has been created for you, A support ticket (2727898) has been created for you, A support ticket (2751301) has been created for you, A support ticket (2780658) has been created for you, A support ticket (2806621) has been created for you, A support ticket (2806634) has been created for you, A support ticket (2813289) has been created for you, A support ticket (2817332) has been created for you, A support ticket (2822713) has been created for you, A support ticket (2835722) has been created for you, A support ticket (2843285) has been created for you, A support ticket (2850975) has been created for you, A support ticket (2861084) has been created for you, A support ticket (2865904) has been created for you. “We aim to respond to your request within 2 business days”.          

Not one response. Can someone tell me if there is even a support team ? I have a quest one and two that my son uses with hundreds of dollars in games. The devices are useless until my new phone number is imputed into oculus. Facebook does have my correct number. Maybe the Attorney General or BBB can help at some point . I do have the option for a recovery code but I have no idea where to find that . I never created one but do have the Best Buy order number . I am almost out of options here. Where the heck do people go if they need help ?

Hey again, we responded to your other post pertaining to this issue but I wanted to reach out to you again here now that we've got ticket numbers. Checking the status of your case, I see that the last agent that emailed you on Wednesday mentioned that your ticket was being reviewed by the Facebook account team. We do apologize for the delay, but I do see that your original ticket remains open and active.

I know that the wait can be frustrating, but we ask that you refrain from creating any further tickets about this issue from here on out, as it can actually slow down further reviews of your case due to the constant updates to the original active ticket that we need to make to keep everything in order so that communications aren't missed between us. When further details are made available, you will hear from the Facebook account team.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have not heard anything yet from Facebook.    I just need my new phone number added to the oculus account, Facebook has the correct number, I thought these accounts were linked ? It’s been over a month now without access and over 25 emails for help. Why is this so difficult? 

Still no response from Facebook. I am not sure why oculus support cannot handle entering a new phone number. Facebook has the correct phone number but my oculus device uses the oculus account and still has my old phone number, the sms code for 2fa goes to my old number. I have two devices and hundreds of dollars in games that cannot be used for OVER a month now. This is beyond ridiculous.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?