cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.4/5.0.1 Startup loop/Install issues/HMD not detected

isocuda
Honored Guest
4.4 stopped working fter an update so I started doing clean installs to see where I could get it stable again.

So this was tested on clean installs of WTP 9926, 10041, and 10074. Separately using 4.4 and 5.0.1, AMD Omega GTA5 update 15.3

5.0.1 in all three builds will say "This configuration is not supported and Oculus Display Driver will not be installed"

It is possible to fully install using compatibility setting, but after restart computer will get locked in a startup loop just after the splash screen.

After the 4th wipe I switched back to 4.4, but the HMD will not detect, tracker will though.

What kind of issue would cause a startup loop, just the driver?

I have
R9 290x (ASUS DC2OC)
Maximus VI Formula
32GB Corsair vengeance
Asus "meh" moniter, Realforce keyboard, Roccat XTD mouse (w/o software)

I see people have similar issues other than the startup loop with 10041.

Not sure what else ot look at.
9 REPLIES 9

TrippyFix
Honored Guest
Have you or anyone found any solution? I'm having the same issue

SliderOverride
Explorer
need also a solution to run it on Windows 10 (10074) any news on this ? 😞

zeknurn
Honored Guest
I can confirm this. Installing the Display Driver found in 5.0.1 on Windows 10 10074 will cause your system to end up in an endless startup loop.

calingasan
Honored Guest
I can confirm startup loop on display driver 0.6.0.0 on windows 10 build 10074

DeanOfTheDriver
Protege
Presently there is no direct mode support on Windows 10 and very little testing has been done with extended mode there as well.

What specific issue are you seeing installing 0.6.0 builds without forcing an install of the driver? (Please don't do that, if it says we don't support it then we don't. Hence the startup loop.)

calingasan
Honored Guest
"DeanOfTheDrivers" wrote:
Presently there is no direct mode support on Windows 10 and very little testing has been done with extended mode there as well.

What specific issue are you seeing installing 0.6.0 builds without forcing an install of the driver? (Please don't do that, if it says we don't support it then we don't. Hence the startup loop.)

Just to give you a better response, I installed the runtime 0.6.0.0 again without the win8 compatibility. Im on Windows 10 build 10074, AMD HD7970 drivers from windows update.

During install it states that its not supported.
Turning the HMD button switch turns light on off with orange light.
Nothing showing on the HMD display.
HMD not detected on windows display settings.
Oculus Configuration Utility says - "Service Unavailable !The service is Disconnected"
Rift Display Mode says "There is a problem with your installation OVRService is NOT connected! OVRService is supposed to restart when you log in and it should restart if it crash.
Rift Display Mode options are all greyed-out.

Artist3d
Explorer
I am also getting the Disconnected no service message on my Windows8.1 machine. Blue light on the HMD, no light on the tracking sensor. Two restarts.

Since about runtime 4.4 I have not been able to run the Tuscany demo or Direct Mode but most Direct to Rift exes run with no problem. Sadly for each update I hope for better performance and now version 6.00, seriously nothing --- no-tracking at all. Was all working before is all I know.

pdawg17
Protege
"Artist3d" wrote:
I am also getting the Disconnected no service message on my Windows8.1 machine. Blue light on the HMD, no light on the tracking sensor. Two restarts.

Since about runtime 4.4 I have not been able to run the Tuscany demo or Direct Mode but most Direct to Rift exes run with no problem. Sadly for each update I hope for better performance and now version 6.00, seriously nothing --- no-tracking at all. Was all working before is all I know.

Whoa - I was getting ready to wipe my Windows 10 install and go back to 8.1 due to the service disconnected problem thinking it was Windows 10 that was the problem...so you have the same issue with Windows 8.1?

calingasan
Honored Guest
"pdawg17" wrote:
"Artist3d" wrote:

Whoa - I was getting ready to wipe my Windows 10 install and go back to 8.1 due to the service disconnected problem thinking it was Windows 10 that was the problem...so you have the same issue with Windows 8.1?

Windows 10 at its current build is stable. This is an Oculus driver problem, something the Oculus team should acknowledge and resolved. Why would someone want to get an Oculus if it only works on an OS that will get phased out in 2 months.